Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Last edited:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I assume it's pronounced Zoom, like Zerox (Xerox). :) Cuz Ex-oom makes no sense. And I would definitely make jokes about it...except I did that when Wii came out and look what happened with that silly name.

-Matt

Big Ry

Reaction score
I assume it's pronounced Zoom, like Zerox (Xerox). :) Cuz Ex-oom makes no sense. And I would definitely make jokes about it...except I did that when Wii came out and look what happened with that silly name.

-Matt

Its gonna ex-oom the remains of the ipad for an autopsy

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

-Matt

Its gonna ex-oom the remains of the ipad for an autopsy

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Nice.

-Matt

GrillMouster

Reaction score
That's fine with me. 3G is all over the place, and 4g is not.

Yes, but a 4G radio would be backwards-compatible with the 3G network. So if your area doesn't have 4G yet, it would still work on 3G. When your area eventually does get 4G, then you would benefit without having to upgrade your device (and those of us in areas with 4G would benefit now).

By nature of its size the tablet lends itself to multimedia applications such as video streaming, which would greatly benefit from 4G speed. It's disheartening that a flagship device like this wouldn't be 4G enabled now that LTE is here.

seanjohnja91

Reaction score
That's fine with me. 3G is all over the place, and 4g is not.

Yes, but a 4G radio would be backwards-compatible with the 3G network. So if your area doesn't have 4G yet, it would still work on 3G. When your area eventually does get 4G, then you would benefit without having to upgrade your device (and those of us in areas with 4G would benefit now).

By nature of its size the tablet lends itself to multimedia applications such as video streaming, which would greatly benefit from 4G speed. It's disheartening that a flagship device like this wouldn't be 4G enabled now that LTE is here.

Exactly why I sad face, and it would have been great for me because where i live is in the NY 4G area and where i go to school is the Philly 4G area so I would have greatly benefit from this.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Here's a thought tho…*How hard would it be to get a 4g radio and do an aftermarket install after the tablet comes out?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
:woot: way to drop the ball Moto... yet another reason I will not own another Motorola product after my OG Droid... well if they are not going to do 4G then they should at least do a wi-fi only version... I've used a few tabs this past week and got to say that 3G speeds are a major fail of tablets... you 'live' with them on your mobile phone but when you're trying to have a nice 'web-rich' experience on a 10" screen and/or do the productive (read work related) items one would want to do with a tablet 3g just doesn't cut it... Guess the Archos tabs are looking better.

MrMan8

Reaction score
Not having 4g isn't a problem for me. Hopefully there will be a wifi only version and I will just tether my phone for data when I'm not connected to wifi. I don't really want another data charge on my bill each month.

accellpo

Reaction score
Not a problem for me. I'm getting it! In Chicago, Verizon's 3g is right up there with my wifi speed. Plus the 4g data prices will be ridiculous!