Motorola to name their tablet the "Xoom"?

J

JohnDroid

xoom.jpg

Motorola is snapping up the word "XOOM" as a trademark in many countries around the world, including the U.S., Canada, New Zealand, Taiwan, Australia and others. The trademark description they are applying for is "Mobile computers and related accessories...", which sounds suspiciously like their iPad competitor the Android Honeycomb Tablet which we shared a cool video about recently here. Obviously the trademark could end up being for something completely unrelated, but the logic is sound that it is for this. Regardless, whatever XOOM turns out to be, it obviously is set to be a major theme from Motorola, and will be interesting to follow when it is released.

Source: Pocketnow via Engadget.
by dgstorm

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
That'll be interesting, course it could be so they could drop the droid name so they don't have to pay lucas film for rights. Just a thought...

Sent from my Droid with Swype using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
or John it may be related to this:

http://androinica.com/2010/12/22/motorola-mobility-acquires-cloud-storagestreaming-company-for-motoblur/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+androinica+(Androinica+-++A+Google+Android+Blog)

ZumoDrive and Zumocast. So maybe they will call the tech Xoom?

Phones running MOTOBLUR will be able to access user content more easily, and ZumoCast will enable users to listen to music or watch videos relayed from their desktop to the mobile device. ZumoDrive will provide storage of photos, documents, and the like at a moment’s notice.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Ha, that sounds a lot more accurate than what I had thought.

carguy

Reaction score
Anyone else remember when XOOM.com was a web hosting site for personal web pages 10+ years ago? :D

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^LOL....yea I do.

XOOM and another one that was popular, Geocities.

I thought I saw the name XOOM connected with a dual screen device demoing the OMAP 4 somewhere...

carguy

Reaction score
^LOL....yea I do.

XOOM and another one that was popular, Geocities.

I thought I saw the name XOOM connected with a dual screen device demoing the OMAP 4 somewhere...
Geocities, I remember that well. Weren't they integrated with Yahoo eventually?