OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Typical that you only see what you want to.

Look....closer.
no thanks...rather enjoy the great posts and people on the thread than hunt down a negative comment that doesn't effect my life in any way : )

Maybe you should do the same?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
if the pro has a 12 mp cam, will this have like 15+? ;)

CongoJack90

Reaction score
I highly doubt the Shadow could outperform the Galaxy S with its rumored specs, especially by such a large margin. The Shadow almost has to be running on 2.2.
it's not on 2.2....bill23 is a VERY reliable source. Why it benches like that on 2.1 is a question that has not been answered yet. Once the Official specs/hardware come out we will all understand it more but right now a lot of people are scratching their heads

Easy... OMAP>Snapdragon.

HarshReality

Reaction score
That sucker drops and I am all over it.. new carrier.. upgrade.. don't care since I'm all for the big metal :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Darkseider

Reaction score
laughing at all the people who had the moto droid and bought the incredible I knew something better then the plastic brick was coming out people need patience...... anyway sexy phone might drop moto droid for that and yeah it look likes it slides out but who knows

Ya and the people who waite for the Motorola DROID Pro will be happier according to these specs if they are valid

Not much is known BUT somebody fired a shot over the bow and bill23 responded....

Originally Posted by Amu
I am just going to put this here cus it's just speculation XD:

- 4.3" FWVGA
- 12MP camera
- 720p recording
- 1GB RAM
- QSD 8x72
- Android Gingerbread w/out Moto Blur
- Not the Nexus Two
- Front-facing camera

bill23
Your pretty close....Droid pro and DroidWE is the same unit.to bad if you saw it you would never know what it is.it disguised extremely well in a old device housing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the keyboard. A member asked if the device would have a keyboard......

bill23

^ YES^ A very improved keypad at that i must say.I wonder who picked it out or made the suggestions on it?

No Snapdragon but a TI OMAP instead. Which OMAP is still up in the air but it could be the OMAP 4430 in which case that will be my next phone. Motorola has stated that they will no longer be purchasing Snapdragons for their smartphones.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Only one comment at the beginning Adrynalyne lets not make a big issue out of it.

Anyway..............

It's going to be hard to leave my Droid behind with these new devices coming out because of the AWESOME community behind it but these new Moto products sure make it hard...

What to do

CK listen to your conscience, ME. Wait for the first OMAP 44XX based Moto Droid. Granted these new devices are sweet but they are incremental improvements over the current devices. With the OMAP 44xx it will be an order of magnitude improvement in performance.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Very very nice phone, but I pretty much refuse to buy a phone unless it has vanilla Android (maybe Sense, but I would need to play with it some). And Ninja Blur, if it does exsist, does not sound awesome.

Motorola Droid Shadow / Xtreme pictured again, powered by Ninjablur? -- Engadget

"In his words, "Ninja Blur is Blur running without the user knowing. For those who don't like Blur." Translation: it's an Android skin that does very little but make aesthetic differentiators and probably slows down the processing speed a bit. Any chance the ninja can go into hiding in lieu of a vanilla robot experience?"

So basically Ninja Blur is going to be there to gum up the works and make the updating process more of a pain. Awesome.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't get the all metal construction. Has anyone had issues with their phone being plastic?!?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't get the all metal construction. Has anyone had issues with their phone being plastic?!?
A lot of people feel like plastic feels cheap/is too light for their tastes.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I don't like that big bulge at the end; that's where most of the weight is so when you drop it, it's likely going to hit the ground on the same spot every time. Also I don't like the hard buttons on the front, why would they switch to those as slick as they look on the Droid and other phones???

A couple other people clowned those who sold their Droid to get an Incredible, saying they should have held out for this phone instead. Well they're going to feel pretty dumb as well when they get the Shadow and then three months later something better comes out. Instead, keep what you have unless you hate it, have some patience, and when your contract is up, buy the best phone out. It'll be replaced by the next phone that comes out three months after but you wont care because it'll be such a vast improvement over what you had. It's all psychological. ;)

libby777

Reaction score
Just like in the PC world - there's always something better around the corner. Someone mentioned incremental upgrades, and I agree with them - they will probably upgrade the CPU and video chipsets eventually which would make for a much improved mini-computer.

As for the bulge on the bottom - it may be a larger than normal battery for longer life - which is something the MDroid needed since it's release..

Cole119

Reaction score
I highly doubt the Shadow could outperform the Galaxy S with its rumored specs, especially by such a large margin. The Shadow almost has to be running on 2.2.
it's not on 2.2....bill23 is a VERY reliable source. Why it benches like that on 2.1 is a question that has not been answered yet. Once the Official specs/hardware come out we will all understand it more but right now a lot of people are scratching their heads

Easy... OMAP>Snapdragon.

The Galaxy S doesn't use a Snapdragon. It uses a Hummingbird, which is much more powerful than the rumored chip in the Shadow, which is why it doesn't make sense for the Shadow to outperform it on 2.1.

baniels

Reaction score
That is not how gravity operates. The speed at which falling objects accelerate is not influenced by their mass.

I don't like that big bulge at the end; that's where most of the weight is so when you drop it, it's likely going to hit the ground on the same spot every time.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cole119, the galaxy's Hummingbird is based on Cortex-A8, correct? just with an improved gpu