Ultra-thin Successor for Toshiba THRiVE to Debut at IFA 2011

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
compare.jpg

Toshiba is preparing to unleash a new tablet this week at the Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA 2011) in Berlin. This time, Toshiba’s new tablet is much thinner and is poised to better compete with the Apple iPad and other leading brands of Android tablets.

As you can see, this new tablet will definitely be lighter, thinner, and improved. We can expect it to be much better than the THRiVE with all enhancements and techy features available for it.

This soon-to-be-released tablet is said to have an ultra thin body, but will still contain ports and slots for a full tablet–MicroUSB, micro HDMI, and microSD ports, according to a report from Notebook Italia.
Toshiba’s slimmer tablet will have an outstanding design with a brushed metal finish on the cover. According to sources, the upcoming Toshiba tablet will feature a dual-core, 1.5-GHz Texas Instruments OMAP 4460. Earlier rumors speculated that the new tablet will be sporting a processor from NVIDIA (probably another dual-core Tegra 2, or the upcoming quad-core Kal-El rumored to arrive this October) just as the THRiVE did.

SOURCE: Ultra-thin Successor for Toshiba THRiVE to Debut at IFA 2011

Last edited by a moderator:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow, interesting timing. I was just about to pull the trigger at Amazon with a 20% discount. Maybe I should hold off. -Matt

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was stuck between the sleekness of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the utility of the Thrive... this looks like it may make the decision a bit easier for me...

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I was stuck between the sleekness of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the utility of the Thrive... this looks like it may make the decision a bit easier for me...
Agreed. So NOW what I need is the self-discipline to say "I'll skip the first Gen Thrive at $320 today -- and wait for the higher-priced 2nd Gen later." I hope I have the will power! Here is my uneducated guess: if the 16GB retails for about $400 now, then the newer model won't appear for another 2 or so months, and be priced close to $500. -Matt