Motorola XT890 Passes Through the FCC; May Be the Intel-Powered Phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motoxt890fcc.jpeg

A new Motorola phone just passed through the FCC testing. The model number os the XT890, and in all likelihood, this phone may actually be the Moto phone with the Intel processor powering it. The phone in the FCC filing had the following specs:
  • 2GHz CPU
  • 897×540 screen resolution
  • Dual-band Wi-Fi
  • AT&T 2G and 3G radios, (no sign of LTE)
Signs suggest that this phone might be Intel-powered, global version of the Droid RAZR M.

Source: DroidMatters

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The phone that will be introduced on the 18th... in the "take me to the edge" slated event.

Nice.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesnt seem all that note worthy bit of a bummer for the first intel phone

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm surprised AT&T would release a high end phone and not have it be LTE. Then again I don't think the Intel CPUs are LTE ready.

BigZig

Reaction score
LTE is a must after having a phone with it for over a year now there is no way i would go back to 3G only.

52brandon

Reaction score
looks like a pretty small screen. That is what's supposed to take us to the "edge"?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised AT&T would release a high end phone and not have it be LTE. Then again I don't think the Intel CPUs are LTE ready.
With a qHD screen, lack of LTE, and what will probably be a single core processor; i'd say this thing is more lower-midrange than high-end. I say lower-midrange because even midrange phones these days have dual-core processors and LTE capability. As for the CPU not being "LTE ready" I can't see why they couldn't create a LTE chipset that works with it.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
looks like a pretty small screen. That is what's supposed to take us to the "edge"?
The "edge" slogan refers to the screen having a minimal bezel, from what I understand. Has nothing to do with the actual SIZE of the screen. It just allows them to pack their standard 4.3" screen into a smaller overall package.

52brandon

Reaction score
The "edge" slogan refers to the screen having a minimal bezel, from what I understand. Has nothing to do with the actual SIZE of the screen. It just allows them to pack their standard 4.3" screen into a smaller overall package.
I understand that. But assumed it was going to be a larger screen, as that seems to be the trend. A 4.3" with no bezel would be a pretty compact phone. I would actually be very interested in it...