Motorola, Verizon announcing 'next generation of Droid' on June 23 - [Engadget]

nagmier

Reaction score

It is truly an exciting time to be an Android/Droid fan on the Verizon network. Verizon has been one of (if not the) closest partners with Google on the Android platform and has brought a ton of awareness and marketing dollars towards making this a great platform.

In addition a large number of Android powered handsets have graced the Verizon network making it the true showcase for Android power as far as the providers go.

Verizon is keeping the pace fast and furious and is announcing an invitation-only press event where they plan to announce the "Next Generation of Droid".

We can only speculate that they will announce both the Droid 2 as well as the Droid X, but we aren't saying we wouldn't like to be surprised with something else as well.

Click the thumbnail for the full image.

--- Original post below --- editied by JohnDroid

Motorola, Verizon announcing 'next generation of Droid' on June 23 - [Engadget]

We don't know whether this is going to be the Droid 2, the Droid X, or both, but Motorola, Google, Verizon, and Adobe -- yes, Adobe -- are all getting on stage out in New York on the 23rd of the month to announce some new Android gear. Should be exciting, so keep it locked -- because naturally, we'll be on-hand for all the festivities

Original Link: Motorola, Verizon announcing 'next generation of Droid' on June 23 -- Engadget

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Adobe? Both of the phones were expected to launch with 2.1. Maybe that has changed.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't decide on which I want lol the X's screen and camera/hdmi are nice but it is almost TOO big and doesn't have a keyboard.

The D2 is more powerful and has a nice keyboard but has the same screen and maybe camera as what I already have.

Decisions decisions.

Oh and I gotta wait for them to get rooted before I give up my D1.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I can't decide on which I want lol the X's screen and camera/hdmi are nice but it is almost TOO big and doesn't have a keyboard.

The D2 is more powerful and has a nice keyboard but has the same screen and maybe camera as what I already have.

Decisions decisions.

Droid X and Droid 2 have the same SoC. One has has QWERTY and the other is a slate. 4.3" Droid X, 3.7" Droid 2.

J

JohnDroid

Verizon announcing "Next Generation of Droid" on June 23rd

Added to first post.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Motorola, VZW announce Next Gen Android phones.

attachment.php

Our member Nagmier stumbled upon an article on Endgadget announcing the next generation of Android devices. June 23rd is the date to keep on your calender. Could it be the Moto X or Droid 2? Possibly both?

Nobody is saying but things are looking good for Moto fans and Android fans alike.

Read the full article here.

Source: Endgadget

Attachments

• droid-invite-2.jpg
    droid-invite-2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,413

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Goodbye Droid Incredible, hello Droid X!! I loved the Incredible but it will be on Ebay as soon as the new phone is announced and available on Verizon.

Droid101

Reaction score
Could it be to announce Droid x and Droid 2 with froyo and also the release date of froyo for the original Droid? Remember the original Droid is a big device for google and adobe so not surprising for it to be a joint announcement on the froyo release date. Or maybe its just my high hopes: /

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Googleaddict

Reaction score
This is why i didn't buy an incredible. Bigger and better phones coming out in less than 3 months. Thats probably why i will not buy the Droid 2 or Droid x either. I will keep my precious Droid 1 until the end of the year when the droid pro is out.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Decisions decisions.

Don't forget about that elusive droid pro. Just saw the droid x vid and it's really really tempting lol.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid