Motorola Sells 500,000 Moto X Devices; Is it an Epic Fail or a Solid Success?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see moto x ad anywhere. Sure I don't live in NY, but Detroit isn't exactly the boonies though soon it might be.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I have yet to see moto x ad anywhere. Sure I don't live in NY, but Detroit isn't exactly the boonies though soon it might be.

I saw a few early on but not recently. I see G2 ads all the time on TV. And they focus on selling points.

Tap'd from my G2

acousticshade

Reaction score
I commute to NYC Mon - Fri, and while I walk to the subway, I see several large ads for the Moto X, "designed by you". I remember them because they would show a picture of a cat who had been shaved to look like a poodle, and then a phone that matches the color of the cat, or something like that. I thought that was a crazy ad. I thought it was cool, because it highlighted a phone that is customizable.

Again, while on the train, I see ads all along the top of the train, "not one or two combinations, but thousands. Moto X, designed by you".

Advertisement is the not the problem. The problem is that it may be too late for another Android phone manufacturer to take the thunder away from Samsung. So many of my colleagues at work have Galaxy S4's, even some coming from the iPhone. I don't want an S4 for that reason alone, but I'll be da..ed if that is not one hell of a phone.

Designed by you is cool, but unfortunately the next big thing is already here.

I don't know about that. The LG G2 is a sweet phone and the flex looks to be awesome too. LG seems to be all in with smartphones and I think it may pay off. They are definitely looking at the cutting edge and keeping up with Sammy right now, possibly even surpassing them in some areas.