LG Optimus G Pro is a Quiet but Solid Success Internationally

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-optimus-g-pro2.jpg

Although LG's marketing budget is practically non-existent compared to Samsung, their Optimus G Pro has nevertheless proven to be a quiet but solid hit internationally. Their primary source of success is their own home country of South Korea where the handset has sold over 1 Million units in just a few months. In fact, the LG Optimus G Pro reached shipments of 500,000 in only 40 days, which may be small compared to the likes of Samsung or Apple, but is still a good push. Here's a recap of specs on the device,
  • 5.5-inch 1080p display
  • Quad-core processor
  • 3,140 mAh battery
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 4G LTE connectivity
  • 32GB of internal storage
  • A microSD card
  • 13-megapixel camera
With these specs, it isn't hard to see why it has resonated with some consumers, especially those folks who were looking for the larger phablet style devices. In the U.S. it is only available on AT&T, where it has seen mild but unremarkable success. Share your thoughts on this device...

Source: BGR

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i'd buy it if it was available on verizon. specs are in my opinion better then htc one or galaxy s4.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just picked one up yesterday to add to my collection, (free was good too;))

I can't say it's better than my S4 but it IS pretty darned sweet.

Last edited:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We just got our live demo the other day and I have to say that I am impressed by this device. I was not expecting such a large screen or battery, and I definitely was not expecting it to be removable (going off what the regular G had). Not sure what I think about having an extra button that can be a customized shortcut, but I'm sure some people will like the option.
With all the issues that the G had at our location, I don't really think we will be purposely trying to sell the device unless someone asks for it. But, we'll see!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm in a fix, love both the G Pro and the S4. The S4 has the back button on the right and the G Pro is on the left.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is that bottom thing a button or speaker? If it's the former, I gotta ask - what's the point of a single hardware button (cough cough Apple cough)? If there's one, there better be at least 3.

And, by the way, I'm a big fan of the capacitative buttons. Even now, my phone/rom gets stuck but the capacitative buttons rarely fail me.