Motorola Razr i - trouble entering text on online forms

katkat2010

Reaction score
I'm having increasing problems with text not coming up in things I am filling out online......the keyboard will come up but the text I am typing will not appear. I can get so far on a form then it seems to stop. It will even not 'auto fill' saved text from the clipboard. The bar across the top of the keyboard won't show what I'm typing, just shows punctuation but will show what I have typed letter by letter if I press to delete. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this please?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

Has this been an ongoing problem or has it just surfaced?

OP
K

katkat2010

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I've had this phone for approx 6 months. I certainly don't remember it being a problem when I first had it but it has been going on for a while. I used to be able to leave the page I was on and go back and it would eventually correct itself but this doesn't help now. I've checked for updates and taken all the photos off to increase available memory.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There was an issue last year with a Chrome update that caused keyboard issues on Razr series phones (maybe others also). Not the same issue you described, but strange keyboard issues when typing in websites using Chrome. The solution then was to uninstall all updates from the Chrome app and revert it to stock. A short time later, a new update was released and the issue was fixed. You could try uninstalling updates to Chrome and see what happens. If it doesn't fix the problem, you can always download the updates again. It might be worth a try.

OP
K

katkat2010

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I don't believe I'm using Chrome although its is available as an app on my phone. I use the Google search bar on my homescreen. This did however have a pending update so let's seen if that helps!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Lets us know if the update helps.

OP
K

katkat2010

Reaction score
Unfortunately since the update Google keeps shutting down when I'm browsing grrrr.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
What do you mean shutting down?

OP
K

katkat2010

Reaction score
So for example I've searched for something, it shows me the list of sites. I go into a website and after a few seconds it takes me back to the search list. Only happening periodically.