Motorola Outs the Moto 360

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto360-leather-bands.jpg

Here's the first of Motorola's fanciful new devices: the Moto 360 smartwatch. It's still as gorgeous as the previously revealed pics from the company showed us. The first important detail about the Moto 360 is that initially it will only come with a standard leather band. The black titanium and stainless steel bands will come later as an "upgrade" for $80 more.

[Update: According to some additional intel we have gathered, the $80 price-tag for the metallic bands will only happen when you purchase them by themselves. Supposedly, later this fall Motorola will release versions of the Moto 360 which come with the metallic bands for only $299.99. This is only $50 bucks more instead of the $80, but it would mean you would need to wait until then to save yourself $30 bucks.]

Here's a breakdown of the rest of the specs and features,
  • Build materials include aircraft-grade stainless steel
  • 1.5 inch display (320X290 resolution) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and IP67 certification
  • Weighs 49 grams, has 46mm in diameter and an 11mm height
  • Android Wear
  • Pedometer, heart rate monitor and Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
  • TI OMAP 3 CPU
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 4 GB internal storage
  • 1.5 Days battery life
The Moto 360 will be available today in the US for $249, and will hit European and UK markets in October. There's yet no word on availability elsewhere.

Moto-360-metal-bands.jpg

We'll bring more data as it filters in, and we will still be reporting whatever new details Motorola reveals at their event later on today.

For more discussion on the Moto 360, head over to this thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/threads/moto-360-waiting-area.272797/

Pictures Source: LoadtheGame

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Have to say I liked it better when it was rumored they would come with the metal and leather bands included in the $249. Still, I want that.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have to say I liked it better when it was rumored they would come with the metal and leather bands included in the $249. Still, I want that.
Not sure that was ever rumored. The rumors I heard were that the $250 price point was the starting price, and that there were "upgrade" options. I always considered the band to be potential for the option.

As long as I can get a black on black at noon, I will be buying one today.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Not sure that was ever rumored. The rumors I heard were that the $250 price point was the starting price, and that there were "upgrade" options. I always considered the band to be potential for the option.

As long as I can get a black on black at noon, I will be buying one today.

Yeah, not even sure I am remembering correctly. As you say though, it doesn't matter, my money will be theirs for the taking.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I have to wait to after work to buy, WORK, POO.

sent from my XT1080 using tapatrash

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Where do I go to stand in line? Best Buy, Verizon? Off to google I go.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Those leather bands need to go, makes the watch look like a cheap timex from a vending machine.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Best Buy at noon, yay.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Finally got in. By time I was able to add to my cart it was already Backordered.
I paid, availability is 9/12. GRRRRRRR More waiting.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP updated with new pricing info on the metallic bands.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, life is so grand when a drinking buddy is a BB manager. Supposed to have snatched one up for me. I shall know at 7:30 PDT. Actually probably call him at 11:45 PDT. Nothing like getting the ducks all in a row.