Motorola Media Link does not find Bionic

martianguitars

Reaction score
When Motorola Media Link opens the "connecting device" window pops up, but it never sees my Bionic and eventually pops another window open stating to "Please connect to a Motorola Device". Under USB connection on the Bionic I am selecting USB Mass Storage (although I have tried the other modes as well). I have updated the Motohelper software and un-installed and re-installed the Motorola Media Link software. I have Microsoft .net 4 installed. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Doesn't seem like I am doing anything wrong... Has anyone else come across this and found a fix? Any help would be extremely appreciated as I would really like this to work.

gsDroid

Reaction score
A couple of things just to be sure. Are you using the usb cable that came with the Bionic? Some don't work. Did you install the 64-bit version of the Moto drivers? I have win7 64-bit pro and installed the 64-bit drivers and have had no problems with the usb connection. I'm very surprised that now when I connect my Bionic to the computer, it automatically is recognized and gives me the autoplay windows for the Mot drive (internal memory) and my external sdcard. I don't have to do anything but plug in the cable. With my old droid I had to go through a notification pull down and make a couple of taps to get connected.

OP
M

martianguitars

Reaction score
I didn't think it could be the cable because I can use Explorer and move files back and forth from my PC to the SD card in the phone, but I was using the cable that came with it. Just to be sure I also tried the cable that came with my Xoom, it doesn't change anything. The motohelper drivers are the same for both 64 bit and 32 bit. Apparently they used to have separate ones, but the newest version is one for both. I tried with changing the Windows Media Sync settings in both internal and SD card. Neither made a difference. I have tried setting the phone to USB debugging, but that didn't help either. Any other ideas???

gsDroid

Reaction score
Here is something I found on another forum. So you can see the sd-ext card at least. I didn't get that from the first post. This might work.

PROBLEM SOLVED

For some reason it seemed as though the internal storage did not want to mount/unmount correctly for whatever reason. Steps to relieve this issue were to perform a battery pull. Remove the SD Card. Re-insert the battery and turn on the phone. Connect the phone to the computer, give it 30 seconds (make sure usb mass storage is selected in notification drop down bar) and it will find the internal storage and mount it so the files can be accessed. After verifying that it successfully mounted and unmounted, disconnect phone from the PC. Reinsert SD Card, phone will recognize SD card, and then from then on forward when you connect the phone to the PC, it should allow you to access both the internal storage (sdcard) and external storage (sdcard-ext). Case closed, lol.

condog

Reaction score
I am still having this issue and nothing seems to be working. I had an old version of MML (1.2) and it would sync but everytime I would come back to sync the phone again(update playlists, all worked on droid) it would try to re sync everything(making copies of everything). So I installed the newest version, drivers, blah blah. Im on windows 7 64bit. Any help would be great