XP won't recognize Droid Bionic as device

CoreyT

Reaction score
I brought my cable home from work yesterday, plugged the Bionic into my home PC, and all is well.
The cable does say on it Vcast, and that it is meant to transfer files, music, and photos.

threecatranch

Reaction score
Mine finally worked too. With the original cable &a drivr from Motorola.com. Thanks guys.

BionicMan

Reaction score
My Windows XP PC recognized my Bionic the first time I connected it with the original Motorola USB cable, but every time since it has not. Drives H: and I: appear under My Computer, but if I click on either of them it says, "Please insert a disk in drive H:" or drive I:. I tried re-installing the Motorola drivers, and powering down the phone, but still no luck.

Even when it worked the first time, I couldn't figure out how to sync folders, like my Mozilla e-mail local folders. I've posted other questions about that on the forum, but haven't seen any responses.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks.

smily1401

Reaction score
Mmm is the usb set for charge or disk

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BionicMan

Reaction score
Apparently I had to change its USB mode from "charge only" to "mass
storage" or something. I had to take the phone to the Verizon store to have somebody show me what was wrong and how to fix it. I couldn't find anything online that told me to check that.
Now if I could just sync my email folders with my desktop...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums