Motorola Jet - What the Droid 3 should have been.

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
no this isn't what the droid 3 should have been, yes it's what you wanted to be but they technically haven't even introduced quad core processors for phones yet. So the Droid 3 should have been just what it is, with the exception of maybe LTE added in.

km75

Reaction score
So I've been hearing rumors of a phone that is:

Quad core
LTE
12MP Camera
4"-4.3" display
QWERTY Keyboard
1+ gig of RAM.

Sounds like the perfect phone. It sounds like what the Droid 3 should have been (minus the quad core). Anyone have more substantial information?

Motorola Bullet, Jet Quad-Core Androids Coming Q1 2012?
Motorola Jet and Bullet coming early 2012 with Tegra 3 processors - AfterDawn

Tell you what. If that comes to verizon that is what will replace my D3. The lte, 1 gig of ram, and the nfc chip would have definitely been nice on the d3 even w/o it being a quad-core device. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it. Hopefully the keyboard will just like the one on the d3 or better.
Edit: I noticed that this articles date is april 2011. Makes me wonder how reliable it is. Seeing how motorola has moved away from tegra chips in favor of omap chips recently. IJS. Would be an awesome phone nonetheless.
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
ThisIsMyName

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
no this isn't what the droid 3 should have been, yes it's what you wanted to be but they technically haven't even introduced quad core processors for phones yet. So the Droid 3 should have been just what it is, with the exception of maybe LTE added in.

Really? 1 gig of RAM is hardly uncommon on newer high end phones. 12 MP camera NFC, and quad core (which I mentioned) OK sure but 512 mb of ram on a new high-end phone? Even the Thunderbolt hat 768 mb and that was released well before the Droid 3.

Edit: The lack of LTE was frustrating, though you could argue that they chose between making a truly global phone aimed at businesspeople and a phone aimed more at the domestic consumer market.

Last edited:

DC 1127

Reaction score
This sounds like the ultimate phone so it will be the ultimate battery hog

Liberated D2

jacob121791

Reaction score
This sounds like the ultimate phone so it will be the ultimate battery hog

Liberated D2

Actually the new tegra 3 quad cores are rumored to have a fifth core that will run when it doesnt need the quad core awesomeness, if so this would massively improve battery life.

akhi216

Reaction score
Acceptable specifications... I want to know that what is it's price and how about the battery life? Is it long battery life or short one? Thanks in advance for your help...!!!

You'd probably better off waiting on this:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...Droid-4-quot-Maserati-quot-Pre-Release-Thread

..since no one has said anything about it since April. Also no pics of it have been found. The pics of it that you find on the web of it are pics of the Droid 3. Around the time it was rumored Kal-El only had 4 cores; it now has 5 cores, thus if the model was in development back in April when it was "discovered", it would have to be scrapped.

This was just a rumor that we all would've been better off without.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Why would they have a 5th core when they could just implement some processor management for battery saving? It makes no sense and would definitely increase the difficulty in development and implementation. This isn't a hybrid car with both gas and electric motors, they are all processors and can be individually managed by the hardware and software as they see fit to design.
Besides, as they developed the new processors, they are finding ways to reduce the power required for them. Per core at least.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

akhi216

Reaction score
Why would they have a 5th core when they could just implement some processor management for battery saving? It makes no sense and would definitely increase the difficulty in development and implementation. This isn't a hybrid car with both gas and electric motors, they are all processors and can be individually managed by the hardware and software as they see fit to design.
Besides, as they developed the new processors, they are finding ways to reduce the power required for them. Per core at least.

Well the 5th processor in Kal-El is a battery saver. While the main 4 cores are clocked at 1-2 GHz, the fifth core is clocked at only 500 MHz (which saves battery), and it is only used to run background tasks and/or tasks that don't require a lot of processor power. It essentially manages battery with a combination of hardware and software rather than just software.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
wait for the droid 4? or wait longer for the Jet? decisions decisions.....
D4 is sexy. id get that becuase its a worthwhile step up from the x. something is always out better tomorrow, but you can try to watch the internals major step up. i guess a quad core would be a step up though.