Tegra 3 Moto devices on VZW in Q1 '12

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
And my head explodes. The tech is moving too fast!!

Not just to make it tough to choose a new device but it seems before one thing is optimized they are already moving on.

sent from somewhere...

les017

Reaction score
Very interesting. Also interesting that we can't even get a clear grip on what we can expect THIS year. LOL

knighthonor

Reaction score
Wow I wonder what other tech features this thing will have. I can understand they are getting faster, but when will we get new features? I like how the new iphone 5 rumor specs a few months back made it seem like next gen would have many great new features besides the increased speed of processing.

Because let's be honest with ourselves. By then, most apps wont be designed to run on quad core. Let alone, dual core.

And really, android software is already far behind the Ios market. Shouldn't we put more focus into improving our market software before taking another drastic leap in the tech field? I mean, a quad core can wait. Get us these Ios apps!!! We want better apps to show off with!!! Come on... google stop supporting Ios with your apps and provide for your own OS more.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
Wow I wonder what other tech features this thing will have. I can understand they are getting faster, but when will we get new features? I like how the new iphone 5 rumor specs a few months back made it seem like next gen would have many great new features besides the increased speed of processing.

Because let's be honest with ourselves. By then, most apps wont be designed to run on quad core. Let alone, dual core.

And really, android software is already far behind the Ios market. Shouldn't we put more focus into improving our market software before taking another drastic leap in the tech field? I mean, a quad core can wait. Get us these Ios apps!!! We want better apps to show off with!!! Come on... google stop supporting Ios with your apps and provide for your own OS more.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Let's keep this thread for the rumors on these phones, I started a new thread for your concern: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tion-your-phone-droids-iphone-comparison.html

DigiK

Reaction score
It's difficult to get excited about Motorola products when they ignore over twenty thousand dedicated customers requesting unlocked boot-loaders. If Motorola guaranteed two years of top-notch support/updates to last the hardware's contract-period life, I MIGHT be willing to overlook a locked boot loader; but frankly, Blur has been an utter dog of a framework overlay on the Droid X. So many people running stock have reboot problems it's ridiculous; and despite what anyone tells you, the Gingerblur update is just as repulsive and bloaty with much improved performance once you shutdown Blur's frontal cortex.

Moto's blowing the good will they had accumulated among original Android fans, and there's not really any reason to continue hoping Moto will throw enthusiasts a bone when all I've heard post-Droid is chirping crickets and pablum marketing. Thunderbolt is outstanding hardware with 4G and a robust dev community that's out right now.

I have five lines, four with Motos. They've already lost one to HTC. More will follow. Until Moto breaks its silence, I won't even be paying attention.

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
It's difficult to get excited about Motorola products when they ignore over twenty thousand dedicated customers requesting unlocked boot-loaders. If Motorola guaranteed two years of top-notch support/updates to last the hardware's contract-period life, I MIGHT be willing to overlook a locked boot loader; but frankly, Blur has been an utter dog of a framework overlay on the Droid X. So many people running stock have reboot problems it's ridiculous; and despite what anyone tells you, the Gingerblur update is just as repulsive and bloaty with much improved performance once you shutdown Blur's frontal cortex.

Moto's blowing the good will they had accumulated among original Android fans, and there's not really any reason to continue hoping Moto will throw enthusiasts a bone when all I've heard post-Droid is chirping crickets and pablum marketing. Thunderbolt is outstanding hardware with 4G and a robust dev community that's out right now.

I have five lines, four with Motos. They've already lost one to HTC. More will follow. Until Moto breaks its silence, I won't even be paying attention.

You are making fair points and it's just a rumor. It is possible that they release this thing with Froyo and handcuff it. Who knows. Consider however that it could easily be sweetened with Honeycomb.

I'm thinking that my D1 is still usable because at the time it had top notch hardware AND allowed for customization. The TBolt's hardware is not top notch and the real reason it sells is LTE. Atrix was superior and released earlier.

Maybe you're right and we need to wait for HTC Tegra 3 to get a real experience of something as revolutionary as the D1. Which would not surprise me since the TBolt is already selling for $130 with shipping included.

A2Aegis

Reaction score
If these get confirmed, one of them will probably be what I upgrade to from my OG Droid.

Beardface

Reaction score

Twenty thousand is a minimal drop in the bucket (if that) when you consider the millions upon millions that own Moto devices.

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
Droid life has more, unannounced motorola device photos after the click.

Is this an Unannounced Motorola Multi-core Device? Possibly Targa or Something Beyond? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

What we’ve been told is that it’s a “multi-core” phone with a qHD display, that new 12MP camera we talked about last week, and a rubbery silver back that houses a 1900mAh battery. Also, there are apparently 4 devices very similar to this in testing, so again, we have no idea what this is or could be in the future.