Motorola Extended Battery for Droid 2???

Syko

Reaction score
It appears my problem has been fixed!

I updated to the latest version of Squidly's ROM and whatever was causing ADW to glitch has stopped. ADW is now only using about 2% of the battery resources.

After normal usage on Monday, I hit the 12 hour mark with 60% battery life left. I played some games off & on while watching some TV last nite till I hit the 16 hour mark. At that point I was finally down to 30%. MUCH better. This is what I was expecting. dancedroid

Thanks NGFL for your help.

bobstro

Reaction score
[...] Not sure if this helps but here's my profile set up in overclock:
snap20110310_192204.png
Unless I'm mistaken, profiles are invoked on a "first match" basis, from top to bottom. At least my testing seemed to bear this out. Won't your "screen on" and "screen off" profiles kick in before any of your low battery settings?

That wouldn't explain the consumption issues you were seeing before, but might help you limp along at the end of the day.

- Bob

Syko

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, profiles are invoked on a "first match" basis, from top to bottom. At least my testing seemed to bear this out. Won't your "screen on" and "screen off" profiles kick in before any of your low battery settings?

That wouldn't explain the consumption issues you were seeing before, but might help you limp along at the end of the day.

- Bob

Hmmm. My main concern was preventing overheating so I gave those high priority. However, If I understand you correctly (and bear with me I'm learning this as I go) my "Screen" profiles are taking precedent over the "Low Battery" profile? And to fix this, I should give a higher priority value to the "Low Battery" profile in order for it to work.

bobstro

Reaction score
Based on my understanding and testing, it's a "first match" as you work from top to bottom. Here's how I've set mine up:

CAP201103171123.jpg

I've observed these kicking in at the appropriate battery levels using the widget. It works from top to bottom, stopping at the first match, so I keep the more specific matches at higher priority. I'd suggest:

90 Temp > 40C
80 Temp > 37C
70 Screen Off (not as high as 'critical' temp settings, but still near top assuming slowest clock.)
60 Battery < 35% (assuming you want to underclock so long as battery is low, regardless of charger state. otherwise, 35.)
50 Charging/AC Full (you've got same settings, but more specific in case you want it different than other charging.)
40 Charging Full
30 Screen On

You might play around with where to put the battery check depending on whether you want to keep it underclocked as long as the battery is low, or jump up to highest speeds when charging, regardless of current battery state. I don't over clock, but keeping your temp checks at high priority sounds right.

This is my understanding of how the profiles work, for what it's worth!

- Bob

Last edited:

Syko

Reaction score
Based on my understanding and testing, it's a "first match" as you work from top to bottom. Here's how I've set mine up:

80 Screen Off (always underclock to lowest if screen is off - 300M)
70 Battery < 25% (underclock to 300M)
60 Battery < 35% (underclock to 600M)
50 Battery < 65% (underclock to 900M)
20 Screen On (highest speed if others don't match - 1G)

I've observed these kicking in at the appropriate battery levels using the widget. It works from top to bottom, stopping at the first match, so I keep the more specific matches at higher priority. I'd suggest:

90 Temp > 40C
80 Temp > 37C
70 Screen Off (not as high as 'critical' temp settings, but still near top assuming slowest clock.)
60 Battery < 35% (assuming you want to underclock so long as battery is low, regardless of charger state. otherwise, 35.)
50 Charging/AC Full (you've got same settings, but more specific in case you want it different than other charging.)
40 Charging Full
30 Screen On

You might play around with where to put the battery check depending on whether you want to keep it underclocked as long as the battery is low, or jump up to highest speeds when charging, regardless of current battery state. I don't over clock, but keeping your temp checks at high priority sounds right.

This is my understanding of how the profiles work, for what it's worth!

- Bob

Cool! I'll give this a try and see what I can play around with to dial it in. Thanks for the input. :)