Motorola Droid3 & New Xoom LTE May Be Released Soon; Gets MAP

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-map-XOOM-LTE-droid3.png

The Motorola Xoom 4G LTE version and the Droid 3 may very well be hitting the streets very soon. They just showed up on Verizon's MAP (minimum advertised pricing) list. For those that already own the Xoom, this could also signal that they will soon be able to send theirs in for its "upgrade" to LTE. Some rumors indicate that it is possible that this is some new version of the Xoom; however, that is highly unlikely. We will keep an eye out and share any updates as they become available.

It's also pretty exciting that the Droid 3 may be coming very soon, although industry rumor suggests it will still be in July. Still, all signs point to an impending release, and July is almost upon us anyway. How many of you guys are planning on scooping up a Droid 3 when it hits?

Check out our dedicated sister-site @XoomForums.com!

Source: Droid-Life

warped1987

Reaction score
I have been looking forward to the Droid 3 for months now, keeping my eyes peeled for info and leaks here and on google forever, lol. But I want to see that thing in my hands with that Pentile screen I'm just slightly worried about. And then I need to figure out if selling my Droid 2 Global to a store and putting that money towards the retail price of the D3 is worth it. Might just have to stick with the D2G and wait for the GB OTA.

Now that picture confuses me, they say you can sell the item at any price you choose, I might be slow, can someone explain that to me, does that mean a Verizon person could sell me a Droid 3 for $50 if they wanted? It sure seems to be worded that way.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
I cannot wait....

Been an OG droid user for ages. The lag has finally drove me into madness. I was using launcher pro on a non rooted phones for ages but the screen refresh for home icons would last minutes. I monitored via watch dog, removed all widgets, killed and removed every app I dont really use and its still laggy. I dont give two sh*ts about 4LTE or whatever its called. I just want a fast phone that doesn't lag. Dare I say I may go iphone if the reviews for the droid 3 are terrible. Its just so snappy. I'm just hoping its my old Droid that has me down.

srgolub

Reaction score
Been an OG droid user for ages. The lag has finally drove me into madness. I was using launcher pro on a non rooted phones for ages but the screen refresh for home icons would last minutes. I monitored via watch dog, removed all widgets, killed and removed every app I dont really use and its still laggy. I dont give two sh*ts about 4LTE or whatever its called. I just want a fast phone that doesn't lag. Dare I say I may go iphone if the reviews for the droid 3 are terrible. Its just so snappy. I'm just hoping its my old Droid that has me down.
I have the OG Droid since the day it came out. Root the phone, install CM7 (Cyanogen Gingerbread), lock your launcher in memory (there's an option for this in CM7), overclock to 1ghz and you'll feel like you just got a brand new phone, trust me.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
I have the OG Droid since the day it came out. Root the phone, install CM7 (Cyanogen Gingerbread), lock your launcher in memory (there's an option for this in CM7), overclock to 1ghz and you'll feel like you just got a brand new phone, trust me.

Wow Id love to be able to do that. Is there anyway you can link me to instructions on how to do that? Im a tech savy dude with a mac. No pc unfortunately. I've only heard amazing things from Cryogen but have NO IDEA what the hell it is or how to implement that. any help would be greatly appreciated.

srgolub

Reaction score

Wow Id love to be able to do that. Is there anyway you can link me to instructions on how to do that? Im a tech savy dude with a mac. No pc unfortunately. I've only heard amazing things from Cryogen but have NO IDEA what the hell it is or how to implement that. any help would be greatly appreciated.
I did it so long ago the instructions I used are outdated. Google "z4root" or "gingerbreak" - these are two free programs you can install on your phone which will give you root (superuser) access. Once you've run them and rooted your phone, download Clockwork ROM Manager from the market and open (if you buy the premium version you'll have access to more ROMs). Download Cyanogen RC3 or you can go here and download the most recent nightly build which has a lot of bug fixes - CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution.

BIG DISCLAIMER - you'll need to wipe your data and cache meaning you'll need to reinstall all your programs and reconfigure once you've moved from Froyo to Gingerbread so just be prepared. But once you've done that, you won't need to do it again when you upgrade to other Gingerbread ROMs.

Once you've done that, go back to ROM manager and install an overclocked Kernel - ChevyNo1's 1ghz low voltage works well for me - change the performance settings in Cyanogen tools to allow your processor to run up to 1,000mhz and you should be all set.

If you search through these forums there should be a ton of other helpful info for you. It's a relatively low-risk, painless process with enormous rewards.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Thanks! If I wipe my cell of all apps and data do I then just enter my google information in and re-download all the apps from the market? Id hate to loose all the ones I paid for. Sorry for the noobish questions. Id been wanting to root my phone for a while but afraid of loosing the apps I paid for.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I plan to check out the Droid 3 when it hits because I want to know the "real" specs and make an informed decision. If the outer case feels cheap then I wont get it. If the bootloader is locked then I'll wait and see if Motorola or a hacker finds a way to unlock it. I'm also leery about using MotoBlur, I have a Droid 1 and never had to use MotoBlur before but I've heard bad things about it for pretty much everyone. In the end I'd have to wait until they start going down in price because I'm not signing a Verizon contract and I couldn't afford one at a without-contract price. I got my Droid 1 brand new for a really low price on eBay only a few months after they first came out. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to do that again with the Droid 3. :biggrin:

Limbwalker

Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Droid3 release (impatiently) for months. While the LTE would be nice, it's not a big selling point for me, YET. I will be one of the 1st in line, I'm already eligible for the upgrade. Yahoo . . . dancedroid

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
I doubt I'll be sticking with VZW once my contract wears out. Plus a 3G phone is a no go for me when it comes time to upgrade.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Man I have seen so many instructions. Nothing I can do to root this ****er. I just dont get it. the wiki instructions Motorola Droid: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

I get stuck on the terminal SPR recovery part. You download those two files but it doesnt say what to do with them. SO I just placed them on my desktop. Reset the cell power and up on dpad, got the weird screen on cell, ran the terminal code but it would error every time on the second code.

Im a bit lost with all the outdated instructions I guess

bplewis24

Reaction score
Man I have seen so many instructions. Nothing I can do to root this ****er. I just dont get it. the wiki instructions Motorola Droid: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

I get stuck on the terminal SPR recovery part. You download those two files but it doesnt say what to do with them. SO I just placed them on my desktop. Reset the cell power and up on dpad, got the weird screen on cell, ran the terminal code but it would error every time on the second code.

Im a bit lost with all the outdated instructions I guess

Download RSD Lite, and install it on your computer (you may need to extract it first).

Download the drivers and install those on your computer as well.

Download SPRecovery, leave it zipped up, and put it somewhere on your desktop. You use RSD Lite to flash that .sbf file to your phone.

This thread has better instructions, but replace the "Motocache" file in step 3 of the "Detailed Procedures" with the CyanogenMod file you want to use.

Brandon

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Download RSD Lite, and install it on your computer (you may need to extract it first).

Download the drivers and install those on your computer as well.

Download SPRecovery, leave it zipped up, and put it somewhere on your desktop. You use RSD Lite to flash that .sbf file to your phone.

This thread has better instructions, but replace the "Motocache" file in step 3 of the "Detailed Procedures" with the CyanogenMod file you want to use.

Brandon

Are these programs available for Mac?