Motorola Droid X2 Officially On-Sale at VZW $200; Amazon and Wirefly $150 On-Contract

HokieDroid

Reaction score
Forward Facing Camera

No forward facing camera seems like a miss to me.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm ready for an upgrade and seriously thinking about getting this one. If its anything like the original and the great things I've heard why not? I was in the verizon store today and I'm not gambling paying an extra $100 to $50 bucks for 4g that isn't in my area and no one has a clue as to when it will be. I live in buffalo NY and I don't think Verizon will be pumping out 4g as soon as everyone thinks. The only thing I'm waiting to hear about is that bootloader. I'm not holding my breath either because usually someone gets it and roots it right at release and I haven't seen or heard anything about that. It's either this or the Droid 3 whenever that comes out.

Its rooted. I wouldnt hold my breath about the bootloader tho.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
no 4G no front facing camera , really why are we falling behind ? atrix , and evo have this why not DX2 . I guess ill be waiting for yet another phone . ill keep my DX for now , was hoping for a bigger upgrade than just the dual core etc

Reaction score
I don't want this phone because it doesn't have the Red Camera Button anymore -__-, other than that it is basically the same phone as the Droid X. still a really, really good phone though.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
So all this phone has to offer over the DroidX is that it has a dual-core processor, which it cannot even make use of because it comes with Froyo which does not support dual-core?

It's a nice phone, but no 4G? Really? A lot of areas have that now, and it will be coming online quickly, so if you are going to be locked into that phone for the next 2 years, unless you live in the middle of nowhere, 4G could be an options.

VZW 3G is about as fast as AT&T's Edge. It sucks, there is no other way to put it, it is like being on dial-up even when you have 4 bars.

And they cut the size of the included MicroSD card in half? The DX came with 16GB, some phones are coming with 32GB... so why downgrade the new phone to 8GB?

This is just a refresh of the DX, nothing more. There are other phones with better features out there for the same money.

music life

Reaction score
it also has a better screen. and for people without 4G in their area its a great device.

alot people are repeating themselves about 4G. it is nowhere near being everywhere. so until it is 3G is still gonna be working fine.

yeah 4G is faster but the majority of smartphone users dont need that extra speed. i mean you get your page loaded a few seconds faster.... big whoop. its not like your getting 3 pages loaded while 3G gets only 1. i saw a video with a TB and a DX loading pages at the same time and the TB only finished slightly faster. so its really not as big as everyone is making it.

unless im missing something?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have 4g in my area and initial wasnt a fan...but I went into verizon and compared it to my phones 3g. Teamcoco.com took 35 secs to fully load on my fascinate. It 16 secs on the Charge. Thats more than twice as fast. It comes in handy for streaming. But if vzw does tiered data then it may be a mute point.

Btw sprint is offering to pay part of an etf if one goes to them. Hello evo 3d.

Sent from my fascinate

gsdreams

Reaction score
vzw_droidx2.png

Earlier this morning we had reports coming in that Verizon jumped the gun and began selling the new Motorola Droid X2 online ahead of schedule.

As I posted in the release thread it was supposed to be available in online channels on the 19th so any online retailer selling it didn't jump the gun.

The one place I have heard of that did was Best But who people here have stated they purchased it at retail locations. The phone is not supposed to be available from retail channels until the 26th.

Also verizon considers the on screen landscape keyboard to be am onscreen qwerty keyboard which is why it is listed as a feature.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
it also has a better screen. and for people without 4G in their area its a great device.

alot people are repeating themselves about 4G. it is nowhere near being everywhere. so until it is 3G is still gonna be working fine.

yeah 4G is faster but the majority of smartphone users dont need that extra speed. i mean you get your page loaded a few seconds faster.... big whoop. its not like your getting 3 pages loaded while 3G gets only 1. i saw a video with a TB and a DX loading pages at the same time and the TB only finished slightly faster. so its really not as big as everyone is making it.

unless im missing something?

You are missing something. My girlfriend has a TB and I have the DX. Most of the Atlanta area is 4G, and when in 4G, she routinely gets 20-23mbit down and 28-32bit up. That's faster than my cable modem.

My DX with 4 bars of 3G, can barely crack 1Mbit...

The increase in speed from 3G to 4G in my area, is a magnitude of 20.

It's huge. VZW 3G can barely keep up with AT&T's Edge network, let alone their 3G.

When we are trying to look something up and going to a content-rich website, she downloads it in 2 seconds and it can take me up to 15 seconds for the page to load. Needless to say, browsing on my DX works, but it is nothing to write home about.