Motorola Droid X2 Officially On-Sale at VZW $200; Amazon and Wirefly $150 On-Contract

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw_droidx2.png

Earlier this morning we had reports coming in that Verizon jumped the gun and began selling the new Motorola Droid X2 online ahead of schedule. That looks to be official now, as you can get the phone at VZW online for $199.99 on-contract, and even better than that... Amazon and WireFly have the phone for $149.99. Each of those prices with Amazon or WireFly is for a new or upgrade 2-year contract! And, all of them have free shipping too.

To help you make a decision, here are the specs again, just in case you may want to hold out for something different. Here's the good stuff:
  • Dual-core 1GHz processor
  • 4.3" qHD display
  • 8MP camera with 720p recording (no 1080p)
  • HDMI with mirror capabilities
  • 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
  • DLNA
  • 8GB internal memory
  • 8GB microSD
Here's where it may lack a bit, depending on your point of view:
  • No 4G LTE
  • No Front-facing camera
  • No QWERTY Keyboard (despite what VZW's own website says)
  • No Gingerbread (Froyo 2.2)
If the issues above don't matter to you, then here are some links below for you to nab one ASAP!

Source: VZW = $199.99 / WireFly = $149.99 / Amazon Wireless = $149.99

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Decent looking device. But I don't think it is what most people are looking for. Is it ever going to get Gingerbread, or an unlocked bootloader? If anyone gets this please let use know how fast and snappy it is.

BOA

Reaction score
And why no 4G? I think it's still lacking what I considered the basics of today's phones.

Snow02

Reaction score
And why no 4G? I think it's still lacking what I considered the basics of today's phones.

Would it help if they just slap a 4G label on it? That's what Att has been doing for awhile now.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Atts data can reach up to 5mbs. I dont think thats too bad.

If you get a 3g vzw phone, one will be dissapointed when 4gLTE is expanded in the coming months.

Sent from my fascinate

Darksthour

Reaction score
I'm ready for an upgrade and seriously thinking about getting this one. If its anything like the original and the great things I've heard why not? I was in the verizon store today and I'm not gambling paying an extra $100 to $50 bucks for 4g that isn't in my area and no one has a clue as to when it will be. I live in buffalo NY and I don't think Verizon will be pumping out 4g as soon as everyone thinks. The only thing I'm waiting to hear about is that bootloader. I'm not holding my breath either because usually someone gets it and roots it right at release and I haven't seen or heard anything about that. It's either this or the Droid 3 whenever that comes out.

BOA

Reaction score

Big deal. Its not available in many places and so many people keep it turned off because it kills battery life.

LOL that's NOT the point. The point is if I'm going to INVEST in a technology I want the latest and moving technology. Regardless if 4G is available or not it should at least support it. BTW I gave 4G as an example to make the point I just made. All I'm saying is any new phone coming out that doesn't have what I consider the new standards is messing up. I own a DX and love it but if I was to buy a phone right now I'll wait the items the new X is missing even if I don't use it today.

Darksthour

Reaction score
BOA i would say the Dual core nvidia processor is a pretty lastest and moving technology. I'm OK with as of right now having to choose between a 4g single core phone that I can't even use the money I'm spending to get 4g or a dual core phone with its predecessor having a great track record for $100 bucks less than the TB and $150 less than the charge.

Kryptyk

Reaction score
I see everyone's point, but I really think BOA has a point. What's nice about this forum is most people have the aspect of seing someone's point without it having to spelled out point by point. But the way I see it and can kinda sum it up is that yes, duel core is a great move forward for today's phone. But why put out a phone with only parts or benifits of new technology. Doesn't make sense, especially when, if you don't have 4g, you can just turn it off.

I agree with BOA though, I just don't see the sense of releasing a phone with only partially new technologies. Ya they may be cheaper, but thats only a sales pitch right now. Everyone know the price comes down shortly after releases.

BOA

Reaction score
I hear ya Darksthour; I have 4G in my area so I guess I see things a bit different. I'm actually Ok on my 3G tell u the truth but with all of these streaming now available on these phones 4G would be nice too. Hopefully they keep expanding like they plan.

Darksthour

Reaction score
Yea I was in the Verizon store today to see anything about 4g coming to my area and any info on the DX2 but that rep had no clue what was going on. I don't think its her fault either. I'm pretty sure Verizon just doesn't tell anyone anything. Which is OK if you don't know anything to begin with and just want to see what's out there. But it was impossible to get any information out of them for even the droid charge.