Galaxy Nexus Price War: Amazon Drops Price to $150 New Contract or $200 Renewal

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-nexus-amazon-200-upgrade.png

Amazon is pulling out all the stops to be hyper-competitive with their pricing on the new Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. We reported recently about several great prices on the phone from third party online retailers like Amazon, LetsTalk and Wirefly. Now, Amazon has taken it another step further and moved into the ridiculous territory. You can order the flagship superphone from Amazon for only $149.99 for a new individual contract, or for a sweet $199.99 for a renewed individual contract. An upgraded family plan will still set you back $249.99, however.

The phone is back-ordered, but if you were patient enough to wait this long, what's another 7-10 days?

Source: Amazon Wireless - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus $200 Upgrade Individual Contract Pricing

Last edited:

doomgazer

Reaction score
I must be simple or something because I can't for the life of me figure out how to order this phone through Amazon as an UPGRADE to my existing service.

I've verified eligibility, selected Upgrade on Individual Account and added to my cart. From there it keeps asking me to select a plan and features. I don't want to make any changes to my plan, I just want to purchase the phone! Can anyone help me out?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I must be simple or something because I can't for the life of me figure out how to order this phone through Amazon as an UPGRADE to my existing service.

I've verified eligibility, selected Upgrade on Individual Account and added to my cart. From there it keeps asking me to select a plan and features. I don't want to make any changes to my plan, I just want to purchase the phone! Can anyone help me out?

you have to select one of their plan (txt & talk). you can keep your unlimited data. im not sure if your plan would change if you select one of their plan that is similar to yours or that when you get the phone n call verizon to activate and tell them to keep your plan. i guess calling vzw before you buy to make sure and have it in writing. :D

Mont

Reaction score
I think Im going to buy this from Amazon, I never noticed a flier probably through it away too