Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Survives 900 ft Drop With Only a Cracked Corner [Video]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-2-900-ft-drop-test.jpg

Some YouTube Videographers got hold of a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 and decided to put the supposedly shatterproof "Shattershield" technology to the test. They strapped the thing to a small drone, and rigged a method to drop the phone remotely. They flew the drone to a height of 275 meters (900 feet) and let it go.

Amazingly, the phone survived the impact and was still fully functional, with only a dented-in crack in one corner. Obviously, this is an unrealistic height for the average person to drop their phone, so suffice it to say, the phone should easily hold up to a drop from a regular height. In fact, it is likely the phone would be just fine even if dropped from 2-3 stories, so it could be the perfect phone to own if you do construction/roofing for a living.

Enjoy the video in the thread below and be sure to drop buy our dedicated Motorola Droid Turbo 2 section for further discussion on this incredible device: Motorola DROID Turbo 2 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that video of the extreme drop test for the Motorola Droid Turbo 2:

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
And that is why I bought my dad a Droid Turbo 2, and recommended it for a friend. For those who have smashed screens, this is a welcome addition.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The fact that the smashed corner also worked and didn't cause the rest of the screen to stop working is to me the most impressive part.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Didn't I already share this somewhere before?!? :mad:

I think so...I think I asked if you were going to try it with your new phone. It's always fun to watch it a second time though.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was more impressed with the Drone than a phone, that thing was very stable at high altitude.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't I already share this somewhere before?!? :mad:
Yep... It looks like you shared it previously here: 300 YD Fall | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Sorry, but it's impossible for us at HQ to see every single post @PereDroid! It seemed like a cool news story to me, so I shared it too. Just be flattered that we think alike.

You have great taste in Android related entertainment and info. It's one of the reasons I like promoting your posts to the front page from time to time. ;)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
(Just messing)

Good to share with the masses that don't hang in the Turbo forums. :D

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Black Soft Grip. I like it better then the Ballistic Nylon.

TapaTurboII

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Love this commercial. Listen close to the announcer as the phone is dropping.