Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Has an Easy to Remove Verizon Logo

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-Droid-Turbo-2-logo-removal-640x425.jpg

For some folks, owning a Droid product with a giant Verizon logo can ruin the aesthetics of their device. Over the years, Verizon has slowly reduced the size of their logos on Droid products so they are less prominent, but they can still be a distraction for folks who prefer the device to have a cleaner look. The new Motorola Droid Turbo 2 is no exception.

Luckily, there is one easy adjustment you can make which helps in this regard. It turns out the front Verizon logo is very easy to remove. One of the five "layers" of the ShatterShield technology in the new Droid Turbo 2 is basically like those clear sticker screen protectors that you can find on Amazon for smartphones. It just so happens that the Verizon logo is stamped onto that surface. Basically you just need to peel that surface off and viola! The front logo is removed.

Of course, if you do that, then you will probably want to replace it with a new one. That way your ShatterShield will still have 100% integrity, and you can keep the warranty intact. Also, this process obviously does not remove the Verizon logo on the back, but at least its a start.

Here's our dedicated Droid Turbo 2 section for further detail: Motorola DROID Turbo 2 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Pocketnow

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
People were freaking out about this. Nice to see its an easy fix.

I remember taking a penny to my bionic to remove it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
According to some other source that I can't remember, you can apparently order that layer, officially, for the Moto X Force or whatever the international equivalent of the phone is. Obviously, those don't have the VZW logo on them.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
this is great for people that want to remove it... I personally don't care anymore... I have a phone I can unlock on vzw I'm happy... I don't care if there's a giant red check on the back, I use TPU cases anyways.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Nice. Kind of reminds me of the penny trick with the Bionic.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk