Motorola DROID Razr camera problems

scottrazr

Reaction score
1) Shutter lag, focus lag, or just plain lag. If you want to "capture the moment" you better hope that the moment will last a few. I've missed a thousand of my baby's moments waiting for this piece of crap camera to take the picture. I only wish I could put up with an iPhone's lack of a back button and accessibility problems because iOS takes great pictures FAST. 8 Mega pixels don't mean jack if you're getting blur and slow speed. Would that my iPod touch 4th gen. had those Mega pixels because it takes blazing fast pictures.
2) Video. Simple--if I shoot a video vertically, it should play back vertically. Duh, Moto! No way to edit the video or change the viewing preference either. It stinks to have to do everything in widescreen.

***Bonus*** Storage of all pictures is fragmented into separate locations. Fine if it were optional. The closest you can get to this is to timeline all photos. However, when trying to access from facebook you cant access all photos, only those taken with the phone and enedited.

Well, there's my rant, any thoughts?

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
I agree with you on point #1. In fact, because of it, I've been considering going to an an S3 instead.

cris

Reaction score
I downloaded camera ics from the play store and to me seems bettee then the regular stock app.

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
cris said:
I downloaded camera ics from the play store and to me seems bettee then the regular stock app.

I too have the ICS+ camera. While it does boot up more quickly, there are other issues with it (i.e. bad gallery preview implementation, hard to see subjects in low light on the on-screen viewfinder [not a problem with the stock app]).

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I agree with the op. I tried to get a funny picture of my kids, but the moment passed by the time it took the picture.

I love my wife's iPhone camera, but don't like the ui.

OP
S

scottrazr

Reaction score
Dave 12308. Yeah, I've gotten some great shots too. But, it's iffy and the speed is the killer. I can take pictures of "objects" all day long. I can even use the HDR app and wait for it to take three pix then integrate them into one great Hi def pic. It's the people pics and capturing that "great expression" or "once in a lifetime moment" where it fails; laggety laggety lag.
Concerning the orientation problem. I tested an old Droid X and had no problem. Whatever way I shot the video was how it played back, whether landscape or vertical. Aaargh, a real frustration. Do other Razr owners have this video record/playback problem? Let me know, maybe we can find a solution or you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

lepj2012

Reaction score
Shutter lag Razr Maxx

Reset your camera cache:
Settings>apps>all>camera>clear data and cache.
Voila

system32

Reaction score
Fix camera lag

Simply change the camera mode to sport, flash is unavailable but there is little to no shutter lag.

Casen

Reaction score
Why, oh god why, would you take vertical videos though?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2