Motorola Droid Pro

The OMAP's are apparently easier to overclock and consume less power than a snapdragon, so I don't mind that one bit.

Not much is known BUT somebody fired a shot over the bow and bill23 responded....

Originally Posted by Amu
I am just going to put this here cus it's just speculation XD:

- 4.3" FWVGA
- 12MP camera
- 720p recording
- 1GB RAM
- QSD 8x72
- Android Gingerbread w/out Moto Blur
- Not the Nexus Two
- Front-facing camera

bill23
Your pretty close....Droid pro and DroidWE is the same unit.to bad if you saw it you would never know what it is.it disguised extremely well in a old device housing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the keyboard. A member asked if the device would have a keyboard......

bill23

^ YES^ A very improved keypad at that i must say.I wonder who picked it out or made the suggestions on it?

Justin82 Drools :icon_eek: where do i sign up for this bad boy at???? i will not keep droid for 2 years if this phone comes out

from droidlife
Exclusive: Motorola Droid Xtreme Pics

On 06.02.10, In News, by Kellex (online)

The Motorola Droid X/Xtreme/Shadow is definitely turning into a must-have after seeing these latest pics. Look at that screen. It’s a thing of beauty.
So here is what our tipster gave us:

• Android 2.2
  • 9 home screens
  • No Motoblur
  • Dedicated camera button
  • “Very metal”
  • HDMI out
One more sideview:
Thoughts? With that “metal” casing it’s really shaping into a device that has that original Droid 1 feel sans keyboard. The last thing we needed was another plastic Incredible which lasts all of one pocket drop.
Stay tuned for more details…
Cheers Mo!

why is it that everytime there is this awesome phone that comes out, a few months later, theres another improved version? =/
really sucks for us people with contracts.

why is it that everytime there is this awesome phone that comes out, a few months later, theres another improved version? =/

That is the case with all of technology. Pick a phone that suits your needs and be happy with it because you won't ever have the best of the best for more than a few months at most.

That is the case with all of technology. Pick a phone that suits your needs and be happy with it because you won't ever have the best of the best for more than a few months at most.

what sucks though is im really wanting those RAM upgrades and nobody really knows for sure if 2.2 is coming to the droid

from droidlife
Exclusive: Motorola Droid Xtreme Pics

On 06.02.10, In News, by Kellex (online)

The Motorola Droid X/Xtreme/Shadow is definitely turning into a must-have after seeing these latest pics. Look at that screen. It’s a thing of beauty.
So here is what our tipster gave us:

• Android 2.2
  • 9 home screens
  • No Motoblur
  • Dedicated camera button
  • “Very metal”
  • HDMI out
One more sideview:
Thoughts? With that “metal” casing it’s really shaping into a device that has that original Droid 1 feel sans keyboard. The last thing we needed was another plastic Incredible which lasts all of one pocket drop.
Stay tuned for more details…
Cheers Mo!

Not to derail this anymore... but saying releasing with 2.2 which then quantifies my earlier mathematics about the Quadrant benchmark AND the OMAP 3630.

what sucks though is im really wanting those RAM upgrades and nobody really knows for sure if 2.2 is coming to the droid

It's coming to the Droid. Motorola just announced that you can sign up for something on their site that will notify you as soon as 2.2 is available for the Droid. Adobe has said flash will be available on the Droid, and flash is only available with 2.2. Every company that has anything to do with our phones has said we are getting 2.2. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to stir up the masses.

It's coming to the Droid. Motorola just announced that you can sign up for something on their site that will notify you as soon as 2.2 is available for the Droid. Adobe has said flash will be available on the Droid, and flash is only available with 2.2. Every company that has anything to do with our phones has said we are getting 2.2. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to stir up the masses.

just what i wanted to hear :D
hopefully we will be seeing some speed improvements :)

Which is why I will wait until the end of my ne2 before getting a new device. I am tempted but I know it would be cheaper and wiser to wait for the droid 3.

12 mp camera? are we going to be putting these pictures on billboards?

It's so nice to finally find someone that understand what the "Megapixels" that everyone keeps touting means :)
They aren't a measure of a good camera!

Anyhoo, this is looking pretty hot, my sister is going to be getting a Droid phone and then swap with me for my Droid, I'm just waiting to find out which one she should get! :)

Which is why I will wait until the end of my ne2 before getting a new device. I am tempted but I know it would be cheaper and wiser to wait for the droid 3.
Agreed! If this is what may be available at the end of this year, imagine what they will have out at the end of next year when my contract is up for renewal! dancedroid

SIGN ME UP...NOW! of course u all know that as soon as these "SUPER SMART" phones hit the market they'll be obsolete the next month.

Thank you Darkseider. Will the Droid Pro have a keyboard? Sounds like the current droid on steroids? I wish we knew when they planned to release these phones so I could determine if I will upgrade this month or wait. I'm ready for the droid like now!!

Back