Motorola Droid occassionally stuck in sleep mode??

psub

Reaction score
Recently picked up the new Motorola Droid. Absolutely love the phone thus far, but noticed one glitchy thing that has happen twice so far (got the phone on Friday 11/13).

I have been unable to get the phone to come back from sleep mode by pressing the power button on the top of the phone. Most of the time things work fine with the exception of these two times. When it occurred, the only way I was able to get the screen to re-initiate was to do a battery pull. It has occurred either when I put the phone screen on sleep by tapping the power button on the top of the phone or when it has gone into sleep mode on its own.

I just wanted to check to see if anyone else has experienced this glitch and/or if I am doing something wrong since this is the first Droid phone I have owned. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

yungster12

Reaction score
Happened to me once. Had to pull the battery...felt like a blackberry owner, not fun:icon_eek:

OP
P

psub

Reaction score
Yeah...a battery pull set it straight. I'm coming from a Storm and am definitely hoping that battery pulls aren't as common with the Droid as they were for the Storm. I did see that a lot of other people are having the same problem so I am hoping it is a software issue that will be fixed in a future update.

If it happens more frequently I will probably just exchange it for a new handset but am hoping to avoid the inconvenience of a trip back to VZW.

soyboy

Reaction score
No problems here. I am sure these types of items will be ironed out with the upcoming firmware updates. Sorry you are having the hassles.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I've had to do 3 battery pulls since owning the phone (got it 11/6)... I'm wondering if this is an app conflict or if this is the phone's way of reminding us that it's 90% computer and 10% phone, and needs a reboot from time to time...

Any suggestions?

nwsam

Reaction score
I just had this happen to me for the first time. Had the phone since the 6th. Any idea if this is a known bug?

blu1080

Reaction score
Just happened to me for the first time and I was on a call. no end key to end my call and the screen was asleep so i had to do a battery pull! Not cool:mad: Hopefully this gets fixed on the 11th.

nwsam

Reaction score
I was running PandaHome beta... that might have had something to do with it. Uninstalled it, see if it happens again.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Did this happen after a phone call?

If yes, was the call longer than 20 minutes?

Seems like a majority of the lock-ups are happening under these conditions and when phone is held to ear.

nwsam

Reaction score
I believe the last thing I was doing was making a phone call. I hung up when I was done; didn't notice anything out of the ordinary then.

depdaDROID

Reaction score
Yes, this happened to me several times when I was on a call and I could not end the call due to the black screen. Battery pull fixed it, but I am concerned and I think I will swap it out for another (due to other probs. as well (like touch screen freezing up between flicks and the vertical up screen froze halfway up! I did a battery pull and when it rebooted I lost my wallpaper)

n8pbm

Reaction score
My Droid has frozen up twice - Nether was after a call. Both times I set the phone down, After a while it goes to sleep mode. I pick up the phone and hit the button. Nothing happens.

The last time I even tried to call the Droid with another phone. The Droid never rang even though it was ringing through the ear of the other phone.

Battery pull was the only way to get it out.

I do have the utility to eliminate the sliding bar after you push the button. I was thinking it might be causing it?

Reaction score
I've had two reboots and a battery pull in one day. I haven't really had any problems till now. WTF?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had to do 3 battery pulls since owning the phone (got it 11/6)... I'm wondering if this is an app conflict or if this is the phone's way of reminding us that it's 90% computer and 10% phone, and needs a reboot from time to time...

Any suggestions?

It's more like 100% computer, with a built in phone peripheral. It's basically a handheld version of a 3G enabled netbook. I wouldn't let the need for battery pulls turn me off to the device, obviously it's designed to be rebooted. It even has a "three finger salute" to reboot it, ala DOS.

L. Shift + L. Alt + Del

I've had two reboots and a battery pull in one day. I haven't really had any problems till now. WTF?

probably a bad mannered (or not Android 2.0 ready) background app/service. Install any new programs?

Alexander180

Reaction score
It happens to me on occasion. I don't feel that getting it replaced will really resolve problems for anyone. I'm sure this is something that will get ironed out with a firmware update... before making the trip to vzw I would do a factory data reset. See if that helps.