Motorola Droid nearing End of Life

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
All of this "Encrypted Bootloader" stuff has me reconsidering EVER selling my Droid this might be the One in a Million

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
All of this "Encrypted Bootloader" stuff has me reconsidering EVER selling my Droid this might be the One in a Million

It has me thinking I may get a god price for my Droid in a few years when I am ready to upgrade. :)

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Eventually I am going to drop my insurance, put this Droid away for a spare, add a line so I can get the promo price (which will then go to my old enV) and get a Droid 2(or whatever). I don't fancy the idea of getting a "reconditioned" Droid.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

nhat

Reaction score
I have insurance on my Droid. What will happen if I break or lose my phone? Will they send me a Droid 2 or will I get a replacement Droid.

I wouldn't tempt fate with that game, for all you know, they may replace it with a Storm II.

But the most likely occurrence, is that they would replace it with a refurbished Droid I

i'd gladly take a refurb droid instead of a droid 2.

It has me thinking I may get a god price for my Droid in a few years when I am ready to upgrade. :)

Why can't I edit? I meant a good price. lol

good, god. what's the difference if you get a good amount of money for it? :icon_ banana:

alm0614

Reaction score
Our Droid has BY FAR the most devs behind it, which means that until another completely unlocked droid comes out(which may be never) then the Droid 1 will have some staying power. I got mine the day it came out in Nov and have loved every day.. its sad to see it'll be off the shelves of VZ

Googleaddict

Reaction score
The Droid is still the most popular android device on the market... More people have Droids than any other android phone. I think that until atleast December, the Droid community will still be the biggest.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
We all knew it was gonna happen. U think they would have a Droid 1 and 2 selling side by side?

For the good reception it has, it will eventually become my reliable back up phone... replacing my E815.

CDMATech

Reaction score
I have insurance on my Droid. What will happen if I break or lose my phone? Will they send me a Droid 2 or will I get a replacement Droid.

This just happen to me....NO MORE DROIDS AT ASSURION! Check out my horror store....here's the link.

hmmm... if you have TEC (Total Equipment Coverage) Insurance on your Device, Verizon Honors the Warranty until you are eligible to upgrade, That being said, the Last day VZW sells the A855 you have one year from that date to get warranty replacements.

Now, that being said.... I Contacted a Executive Rep @ Asurion... here's what she told me.
" We are having so many people make insurance claims due to them lying about their device being wet, or Phyiscal Damage, Just to Recieve a replacment." hmmmm... i wonder why...
She went on...." Because VZW is doing a good job at fixing and resolving most issues with the device, that customers are not trusting the device after they leave, or something as simple as cramming the internal memory full and not knowing a task killer is needed. As we build our inventory with more A855's we will be able to handle our Customers Claim Needs...."
Interesting.......
I just looked at the SUB Matrix for Asurion, If they don't have a A855... next in line is the ADR6300 (HTC incredible)....
I would still complain though.......HTC is Horrid. The 1GHZ snapdragon isn't nothing special, nor is the devices functionality, A855 Pride.... and i'll hang on to my other two newies.. just in-case:blackdroid:

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I knew my Droid was starting to smell like old people. Well in any case, it's been an awesome phone so far and I still have over 13 months left I believe before I send it out to see on a burning raft while playing some bagpipes in a home made kilt... *ahem* then order a new phone...

zodder

Reaction score
LOL. I'm tucking my D1 safely into drawer so I can play with it whenever the frustration of not being able to mod my X becomes too much.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm tucking my D1 safely into drawer so I can play with it whenever the frustration of not being able to mod my X becomes too much.

Not a bad idea, my soon to be known as Droid Classic, is still in mint condition, never nicked, bumped, or dropped and I am an original 11-6 owner

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I said this in another thread. It's a collectors item. It should hold it's value on ebay/graigslist etc etc.....

It's a definite selling point.