Motorola Droid Maintenance Release Prelude to Android 2.1

OK... I don't want to start another dilemma here but....

I got the update (patch as it's being called) a few days ago and really didn't notice any real difference in the phone until today.
I went on a snowmobiling web site that I am a registered user of but had never been able to sign on from the Droid. I could view the site but was never able to sign on with my user name and password. It kept telling me that I needed FLASH.
Today I tried again and was able to sign on with no problem.
How do I check to see if some version of Flash may be on my phone now? I'm thinking that I don't have flash but something is different in the OS that is allowing me to get on a normally Flash required sign in form????

Posting the URL of the site in question might make it possible for those of us who haven't received the 'patch' to try visiting it on our phones to see if we can use the log in feature or not.

Sent you a PM... no sense cluttering up the thread.

AllDroid has a thread where someone posted the update.zip of it. Ran it, but the build number is still ESD56. Shouldn't it be ESD59?

djstarion, are you sure that is the right update.zip? The file size of this update is 61.4 MB while the original 2.0.1 update.zip which came out on dec 11th was 10 MB.

I just read the past 4 or 5 pages of messages in this thread, and I had a nightmare of this:

Storm OS Discussion - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
*shudders* I hoped I never had to see those forums again. I loved my Storm for a while, but once it started messing up, I kept getting lemon after lemon.
djstarion, are you sure that is the right update.zip? The file size of this update is 61.4 MB while the original 2.0.1 update.zip which came out on dec 11th was 10 MB.
Check the first post in this thread, the update size is supposed to be 61.4 MB. No idea what really is in it though other than it's a necessity to the 2.1 update and that it updates the /system folder so you'll lose su, busybox, etc. if you're rooted.

im not 100% sure but someone in the thread asked for someone to post it, someone responded "there you go" and it is 61.4 MB, so i'd wager it is the same but i dont know for sure.

Isn't sholes a rooting file or something like that? I have no idea what rooting is but I know I've seen the word sholes associated with rooting related threads.

i see i see....im so tempted to DL and install...but im not sure if i should, and to djstarion, this first OTA doesnt bump u up to ESD59 yet, the second maintenance OTA supposedly does...so this very well could be it...

Still nothing showing from my phone. Moratorium must be going on, nobody reporting anything.

Well i took the bait, downloaded and installed it. Like everyone else that got the OTA i see no difference. No issues here.

Well i took the bait, downloaded and installed it. Like everyone else that got the OTA i see no difference. No issues here.

Did u install it properly? like from the recovery menu? And is ur build # still ESD56?

Did u install it properly? like from the recovery menu? And is ur build # still ESD56?
That's how I did mine.

transferred update.zip to root of SD card
power off
hold power + X until ! in triangle
vol ^ + camera
apply sdcard/update.zip
install complete
reboot

still at ESD56

Back