Motorola Droid Case Reviews

RShea

Reaction score
I have been shopping for a case for my Droid 2 Global. I think I know what I want after trying a number of different brands and styles. The closest case to the style I want to get is the Body Glove Smartphone Vertical Universal Case. I like a few things about it- first the clear front allows you to see the screen (and hence whom is calling, etc.) without having to take it out of the case first. I also like the swivel on the belt clip. However there is 1 thing that I do not like. First is the magnet in the top clasp - it turns on the multimedia mode, probably prefer either velcro or just a snap would be better and not affect the phone. Any suggestions for a brand with these?

RShea

Reaction score
I neatly cut around and slipped the magnet out and replaced them with stickon velcro buttons that you can find at any fabric, craft or notions store. I've been using them on my case for more than a year, they work great.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
But the idea of spending all the money on a case- just to turn around and make it the right way (and probably void any warranty if something happens to the case) is in my mind just wrong. Obviously the magnet is not good for some phones out there, so offer an alternative.

For now I found a $5 case at a discount store that fits and works with velcro. It does not have the clear front so I have to remove the phone, but I will continue to look for a better solution.