Motorola Droid Case Reviews

I don't like the bulky cases. Found this one, which suits me perfectly. Can't beat the price either...$9.00.

WaterField Designs Droid Suede Jacket

sj-upright-md.jpg

I don't like the bulky cases. Found this one, which suits me perfectly. Can't beat the price either...$9.00.

ET, can you tell me more about the jacket? Maybe post some pics? This seems like the only case/jacket I like so far.

Thanks

^^
What he said :D.

I have a laptop case from WaterField and I love it. They make really good qauilty cases and I'm going to order that same thing. If you could take some more pics that would be cool.

Did you get the one with the pocket? if so is it big enough to hold ear bud head phones?

Does the phone fit in snug? Like if you hold it upside down would the phone slip out?

ET, can you tell me more about the jacket? Maybe post some pics? This seems like the only case/jacket I like so far.

Thanks
Hi Fresh 330,

So it's pretty basic, which is exactly what I like about it. It's black, it's thin, it fits perfectly (took a few times putting it in and out to get it to go in more easily, but now it does), no branding, perfect stitching/quality, gives it a little cushion and keeps me from scratching it up.

imaROBOT - Yeah, I have a few of their other bags too and love them. The quality is much better than the junky stuff from overseas. To answer your questions - I got the one without a pocket, because when I'm flying, etc. I put it into one of their Travel Cases and just put the ear buds, etc. in that. The phone doesn't slip out when I hold it upside down.

tried them all!

Ok so I have nowtried the body glove case, the hard plastic case and the silicone case all from Verizon. Unfortunately they all make it difficult to type on the keyboard... the body glove does have the space above the keys cut out a bit, but that case is so friggin hard to get on and off its totally not worth it! I think the best one all things considered is the silicone case, it stays on well and will protect from dings.

sj-upright-md.jpg

Ouch! $7 shipping...$10 for priority mail. A bit steep for such a light/small item. I may order it anyway. Is it top loading?

Even if the item is small, it cost around 9-10 bucks using priority flat rate box. I am actually very interested in picking this up myself. I have purchase several of their laptop sleeves and their quality is top notch. I live about 35 mins away from this place and I never even tried local pickup because I always get lost inside San Francisco.

Even if the item is small, it cost around 9-10 bucks using priority flat rate box.

Why would you ship that in a flat rate box? The first pound of Priority Mail is under $5.00 coast to coast, and that pouch could easily go first class in an envelope for around a buck.

In any case, looking at the total package price, $16.00 still isn't all that bad for a handmade suede item.

Here's one I just ordered off eBay, we'll see how it fits over the BG case:

I do like the BG, and actually like the "heft" of it. Having the screen exposed all the time, even with a protector, makes me a little nervous. I think this would work well as a secondary case when I know I'm going to be outdoors or whatever.

sj-upright-md.jpg

Ouch! $7 shipping...$10 for priority mail. A bit steep for such a light/small item. I may order it anyway. Is it top loading?

Even if the item is small, it cost around 9-10 bucks using priority flat rate box. I am actually very interested in picking this up myself. I have purchase several of their laptop sleeves and their quality is top notch. I live about 35 mins away from this place and I never even tried local pickup because I always get lost inside San Francisco.

Yeah, the cheapest flat rate box is $4.80 plus $0.15 for delivery confirmation. I ordered one last night anyway but it still kind of bugs me. They get the box for free so I doubt they're spending an additional $5 for packing materials...oh well.

Ok so I have nowtried the body glove case, the hard plastic case and the silicone case all from Verizon. Unfortunately they all make it difficult to type on the keyboard... the body glove does have the space above the keys cut out a bit, but that case is so friggin hard to get on and off its totally not worth it! I think the best one all things considered is the silicone case, it stays on well and will protect from dings.

I'm just going to add my impressions in regards to the VZ Body Glove case. Yes, it is too damn hard to get on and off. At one point while installing/removing it (I forget), it caught the seem of the keyboard half of the phone and separated the phone (by the uUsb port). I was mortified (first day of ownership), but the phone snapped back together. I think I have learned to deal with the on/off problem. I wouldn't want to do it everyday, but I can do it without damaging the phone.

To me, the biggest criticism of this case is that it is THICK. Now, there is an argument that this provides a comfortable fit for the hand (it gives it a rounded oval shape like an iphone case). I just don't like that it makes my sleek new toy look like a porker.

Oh, and someone said that the MOTA855SILB "Snap On Silicone Cover" dragged over their keyboard and lifted their DEL key. That sucks. I looked at the body glove and it is well raised off of the keyboard on that side of the case.

One last thing. The cases clip on the body of the phone near the headphone jack is raised and makes contact with the sliding screen portion of the phone when opening. It is like a hump, and it pushes the slider portion up, and creates a friction drag. It definitely requires a slight bit more force than without a case. My concern is that by pushing the screen slightly up that it will cause the screen to become less tight, and more wobbly over time. :\

Fommy.com has a video review of the BodyGlove case: [video=youtube;WY_C1zj6occ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_C1zj6occ[/video]

(Note, I emailed fommy three or four times now, before considering placing my order, and have not had any responses. This does not reflect on whether they ship their products, but it is bad customer service in my opinion.)

I am most excited about the Amzer Hybrid Silicone Skin Jelly Case. From what I can tell, it offers the shock absorption of silicone, but with the fitment of a solid plastic clip case.

Fommy.com has a video of this technology as applied to the Motorola Cliq: [video=youtube;9sEC4XgUh0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sEC4XgUh0I[/video] (See my note about Fommy.com in the post above.)

It looks like Amzer won't be shipping this solution for Droid until December though. :(

I agree with ur statement. For me the hardest one to take off is the cover on the slide-out keyboard. Right now I have the dock and I haven't even used it because I'm scared I might break the cover and I also have the body glove. I guess if I break it it's really not much to replace..lol

Still by far the cheapest option out there. I'm sure it costs more than $9.00 to produce in the first place.

Back