Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

loki993

Reaction score
"Basically" a clone, sure. But the added ram vs 512 MB, 2nd generation processor versus, and LTE 4G radio vs WiMax 4G make all the difference. Plus its new, so of course its expensive as hell.

Right thats why I said basically, yeah I know new equals expensive, but still 250 is steep for that phone. The Inspire on ATT is actually closer to the TB then even the EVO. It just seems way expensive to me for what it is.

Maybe part of the high price for the TB was the 32gb card. Those are pretty expensive so the only thing I could think of if the Bionic comes out at that $149 price is because it's gonna have such a small sd card.

Hopefully, Like I said the memory card is not even on my radar of concern for this phone. They could ship the thing without one for all I care. I mean you can get a 16gig for 30 bucks, really.

So if you can get me the phone for less money by skimping on the memory card, then by all means skimp.

dafischman

Reaction score
One thing many are missing about that rumor is that it is the price on Amazon. Wasn't Amazon like $180 or something for the TB at release with 2yr contract? If so, I would expect the Bionic to be more like $200+ at Verizon on 2 year and something like $280+ on 1yr. They need to hurry up though, I'm getting excited for a new phone. I hope this gets release before the tiered data plans come. Why haven't we seen any in the wild being tested as of yet?

Josh

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
A couple of sites out there have issued "unconfirmed" rumors that the Bionic will be born on April 21, 2011 and that it will go for $149. on Amazon with the usual commitment. I thought I saw elsewhere that the SD card will be 2GB and not 16 or 32, saving Moto hundreds of pennies. Why April 21? Why $149? Why the small SD card? Why is hip-hop considered art? All will be revealed, except the last one. Let the rumors fly!

They put a 16GB MicroSD in the DX. They would have to put at least 16GB or more in the Bionic.

dafischman

Reaction score
Just a quick note on the Bionic possibly coming with an memory card, according to the rep at CES in the video below, it will include a 32GB memory card. I know the people at those shows don't always know what will be in the final production run, but he does specifically say it will come out of the box with 8GB internal and a 32GB card for a total of 40GB.

[video=youtube;PX_-iCLSzuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_-iCLSzuU]YouTube - Motorola Bionic dual core Android smartphone for Verizon 4G at CES 2011[/video]

Reaction score
Just a quick note on the Bionic possibly coming with an memory card, according to the rep at CES in the video below, it will include a 32GB memory card. I know the people at those shows don't always know what will be in the final production run, but he does specifically say it will come out of the box with 8GB internal and a 32GB card for a total of 40GB.

YouTube - Motorola Bionic dual core Android smartphone for Verizon 4G at CES 2011

Thats where I had saw it originally but that was in January, all info as of current has omitted that original claim. But the prior post did make more sense, why would most other recent phones all have included sd memory and not motorola's next power house (for now)

creaky

Reaction score
A 32gb sd card would be nice, but I would rather pay less for the phone and just swap in my 16gb card from my current phone.

I hope we start to get some in-the-wild shots/videos soon. If late April is the release date, then I would think we should be getting some leaks. That said, I don't recall seeing much on the TB before it released. Could be wrong, though....

Reaction score
I'd rather them focus on faster SD cards instead of abigger class 4-6... can I get a 10 ;)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
A couple of sites out there have issued "unconfirmed" rumors that the Bionic will be born on April 21, 2011 and that it will go for $149. on Amazon with the usual commitment. I thought I saw elsewhere that the SD card will be 2GB and not 16 or 32, saving Moto hundreds of pennies. Why April 21? Why $149? Why the small SD card? Why is hip-hop considered art? All will be revealed, except the last one. Let the rumors fly!

They put a 16GB MicroSD in the DX. They would have to put at least 16GB or more in the Bionic.

Just because the Droid X came with that doesn't mean the Bionic will. The X now comes with a 2gb card I think. As for them saying it's coming with a 32gb card, that's cool with me!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

Just because the Droid X came with that doesn't mean the Bionic will. The X now comes with a 2gb card I think. As for them saying it's coming with a 32gb card, that's cool with me!

Sorry but you are mistaken. The Droid X still comes with 16G microSD card. And from what my contact has told me He could not see it coming with less then 16GB MicroSD. He has been right about the TB and The DX. But really any way it does not matter. I will just but a 32G MicroSd anyway.

Reaction score
How big is the on-board storage? Cuz my D2 isn't close to full so I'm just not sure what you would need that much space fore... unless Barrett life ends up being completely insane and you can actually use it for cool stuff (movies/music/etc) without having to worry abot battery life so much, and please let that be the case :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Sorry but you are mistaken. The Droid X still comes with 16G microSD card. And from what my contact has told me He could not see it coming with less then 16GB MicroSD. He has been right about the TB and The DX. But really any way it does not matter. I will just but a 32G MicroSd anyway.

Actually you're mistaken. Set Your Location
Preinstalled 2gb card. They've changed it.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Can't edit, but it's on the accessories page for the Droid X that it says that.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

Apparently it is a online thing just went to my local Verizon just to follow up with what you said. The guy I Bought my DC from said they still have 16Gb MicrSD Cards he actually went in back to check.. I do see it on the site were it says 2gb MicroSd card. Could it be possible that it is a online thing?. But really it doesn't matter. I hope the Bionic comes with 16 or 32GB. Or I will just have to purchase it. Man I wish I did not give my wife my DX. This BlackBerry Storm is driving me nuts.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

Apparently it is a online thing just went to my local Verizon just to follow up with what you said. The guy I Bought my DC from said they still have 16Gb MicrSD Cards he actually went in back to check.. I do see it on the site were it says 2gb MicroSd card. Could it be possible that it is a online thing?. But really it doesn't matter. I hope the Bionic comes with 16 or 32GB. Or I will just have to purchase it. Man I wish I did not give my wife my DX. This BlackBerry Storm is driving me nuts.

I'm hoping 32gb. I've already got two 16gb cards from my Droids. You're a better man than me. She'd be using the Storm and I'd be rocking the X lol, well unless she was a power user. I got my fiance a Droid 2, but she hardly knows how to use it. Most of the apps she has I've loaded on her phone for her. So needless to say, I'm the one who gets the best phones.