Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-bionic-motorola.png

If you had a chance to read the article we posted earlier on the Motorola Atrix, then you got to be itching to see what Motorola is going to unleash for Verizon tomorrow. Well we got a glimpse a little early. Today our Droid Family expands with a new Droid... Let's all give a big welcome for the new Motorola Droid Bionic! Here's what we know so far:

• Display: 4.3" QHD
  • Camera: 8 MP with front-face web cam
  • Processor: nVidia Tegra dual-core 1 Ghz processor
  • Memory: 512MB Ram and up to 48GB Storage (16gb Internal, 32GBExternal)
  • Network: 4G/LTE
  • Available: Early 2nd Quarter
  • HDMI
  • Android 2.2
We've been told that the phone will could have no locked bootloader and if that's true, it should be the #1 choice for devs and modders. Also, according to Motorola's website there is no mention of Motoblur.. Vanilla Android maybe?? dancedroid

Full press release posted here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/113263-droid-bionic.html

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-motorola-droid-bionic-forum.html#post1161990

Source: DROID BIONIC BY Motorola - Android Social Smartphone - - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Zecpull

Reaction score
I am so Mad I got the Droid X.. In November and they told me it was 4g upgradeable? Ha.. I should make them take it back. But my return date was Dec 26th.

mjforte

Reaction score
i thought it was 512mb ram?

At the CES Event when they were showing the video for it, it said 512mb ram. Also on Engadget it says the same thing, but on Motorola's website it says 1gb. Let's hope it's 1 GB!!

Wetzilla

Reaction score
The website says 1 gb, but the presentation at CES said 512 mb, so I'm not really sure. And with that non stock looking launcher at the bottom, I'd say it's not stock android. But if the bootloader really isn't locked then who cares what they put on it! This is definitely my next phone.

Jmart922

Reaction score
According to the press release they mention it having 512 but on Motorolas site it lists the bionic as 1gb of ram, if the 1gb of ram stands true along with the possibility of vanilla android then daaaammn...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks like blur to me...but i hope the bootloader is unlocked.

z28chevycamaro

Reaction score
I gotta wait two yrs for my nxt phone. :(
Unless I add a line to get my next phone earlier. :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

B

bthomp21

this guy on engadget:

hardware is only as fast as the software its optimized for. android so far is not made for dual cores. also, android is bloated, and the multitasking memory management is horrible, which means itll still be slow. my samsung focus is faster than this phone, and it has a snapdragon. thats because wp7 is fully optimized for that chip. android is not optimized for any chip, therefore it will always be a slow laggy pos.

a search box taking up half the screen? what a excuse of a UI. this is what happens when you have an advertising company (google) making software, it tries to force you to use google at the UI's expense. noone wants a lame search box.

this phone's edges look thick, round, and fugly. the back is just disgusting. my samsung focus is laughing at the thickness.

Last edited by a moderator:

VitsDroid

Reaction score
wow! I like it! puts the thunderbolt to shame! HTC is probably regretting not going to a dual core and hdmi. I just really hope that there is no locked bootloader. I thinks that omap processor had the locked bootloader, maybe there is a chance this new dualcore wont. Praying and a hopeing.

Im eligible for my early upgrade now, hope it doesnt change on the 16th so I could get this to replace my D2

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Can this phone do the thing where it uses a monitor and turns into a computer?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't even have to wrap it - I'll take it as is :D

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Unlocked bootloader and vanilla android?? I'll believe it when I see it. But if so I'll be selling the X for sure.

And what about the Etna??? Haven't heard a peep about it or the Olympus.

GOON

Reaction score
I guarantee this will be my next phone from my d1

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unlocked bootloader and vanilla android?? I'll believe it when I see it. But if so I'll be selling the X for sure.

And what about the Etna??? Haven't heard a peep about it or the Olympus.

This is the Etna, most likely, and it also come with a locked bootloader. I will sell my droid and buy an iphone if/when it comes to verizon if this thing isn't as locked as our x.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk