Motorola Droid Bionic Joins the Droid Family!

Xak02

Reaction score
ahhhh for the love of GOD, please someone comment on if Verizon will allow using 3G on LTE devices?

someone HAS to know....:icon_eek:

I'm pretty sure it will, like having 1X on a 3G. There's an interesting thead at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...113270-will-4g-phones-require-4g-service.html

..especially after they just took away discounted phone prices and new every two

Hold on what?! I have a upgrade for later this year, are you saying they will not allow me to use that?

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it will, like having 1X on a 3G. There's an interesting thead at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...113270-will-4g-phones-require-4g-service.html

..especially after they just took away discounted phone prices and new every two

Hold on what?! I have a upgrade for later this year, are you saying they will not allow me to use that?

You should be ok. there was a cutoff date where any new contracts after that would not be eligible for "early upgrades" or NEWE2 promotions.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Any confirmations on the unlocked bootloader/vanilla android?

Also does anyone know if we would be able to get it on 3g only? I really don't want to pay extra for 4g if I'm fine with 3g

Liberated Droid II

pjo1966

Reaction score

You should be ok. there was a cutoff date where any new contracts after that would not be eligible for "early upgrades" or NEWE2 promotions.

Exactly. Those of us with upcoming upgrades will be allowed one final NE2 deal. I was going to get the Thunderbolt, but will probably hold out for the Droid. I hope my original Droid holds up that long. It's been having serious issues.

Xak02

Reaction score

Ok good to know. I figured there would be something like that protecting current people. Thanks for the reply! Also sorry about the overly large, large text.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score

Also does anyone know if we would be able to get it on 3g only? I really don't want to pay extra for 4g if I'm fine with 3g

Liberated Droid II

I don't know why it would be unlocked when the atrix is locked. Im sure you will have to have a 4g plan with the phone.

craigboy

Reaction score

Liberated Droid II

I don't know why it would be unlocked when the atrix is locked. Im sure you will have to have a 4g plan with the phone.

It is running a version of Blur, at least the ones at CES were.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Well isn't the Xoom's bootloader easily unlockable? I hope they take the same path and do that with the Bionic.

The bionic is looking like the phone I'm gonna use my upgrade on since there's no dual core HTC coming to Verizon and samsungs not really what I had in mind.

I'm hoping that they keep the unlimited 3g and 4g would stack ontop of it, then the promo can really be put to good use

Liberated Droid II

creaky

Reaction score
Looks like BMX (who called the release date of the Thunderbolt weeks in advance) has released another poem that may mean good news for us awaiting the Bionic: So I'm going to try and parse this as meaning that the Bionic will be out in several weeks and perhaps it will be unlocked?

When Beer flows in the color of envy and the rainbows are all but empty and you bask in the Thunder so bold…
But if it’s another device you seek to reach your Peak, then you may yet have several weeks.
For in the LiTE a new device shall shine, and perhaps that is fine if dual cores you don’t mind…
For Stevie Austin moves like a blur, Unless it stock style you prefer…
But its calmness we shall seek,
And shy away from the Hype-beast
So those signing two year choices,
don’t blame panda forces,
But the unknown sources that raise your hopes so high….
Cause at the end of the tweet a Sneaky Panda speaks and he says…
YOU MAY WANT TO WAIT TO BUY…

So I'm going to try and parse this as meaning that the Bionic will be out in several weeks and perhaps it will be unlocked. I worry about the last line, however. Another interpretation could be the Pyramid will be coming in a few weeks and it may be stock....

AlexSB

Reaction score
Looks like BMX (who called the release date of the Thunderbolt weeks in advance) has released another poem that may mean good news for us awaiting the Bionic: So I'm going to try and parse this as meaning that the Bionic will be out in several weeks and perhaps it will be unlocked?

When Beer flows in the color of envy and the rainbows are all but empty and you bask in the Thunder so bold…
But if it’s another device you seek to reach your Peak, then you may yet have several weeks.
For in the LiTE a new device shall shine, and perhaps that is fine if dual cores you don’t mind…
For Stevie Austin moves like a blur, Unless it stock style you prefer…
But its calmness we shall seek,
And shy away from the Hype-beast
So those signing two year choices,
don’t blame panda forces,
But the unknown sources that raise your hopes so high….
Cause at the end of the tweet a Sneaky Panda speaks and he says…
YOU MAY WANT TO WAIT TO BUY…

So I'm going to try and parse this as meaning that the Bionic will be out in several weeks and perhaps it will be unlocked. I worry about the last line, however. Another interpretation could be the Pyramid will be coming in a few weeks and it may be stock....

%*(9??????

I was just about to get the Thunderbolt (mainly so I can get grandfathered into the 29.99 4g unlimited) then this comes up? Anyone kno how long the 4g unlimited is gonna be going around, and if so is the Bionic gonna take advantage of it? I'm hoping it'll fall within the 2 week return period...

Liberated Droid II

bkircher

Reaction score
So what would be more important in the Bionics case, Ram or the processor?? Its obviously going to have a kick butt processor, but is 512mb of ram enough?? I mean, I dont remember in the past of ram being such a big part in a phone, its always been about the processor. Am I right?