Motorola Droid and Car Stereo....

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Alright, so I have an '04 Chevrolet Cavilier and the stock CD Player that's in it is horrid. I mean it sounds ok but since it's a few years old now it's starting to skip. I'm planning on buying a new Stereo from best buy or something, but i would absolutely LOVE to get a stereo that could let me play music via bluetooth with my droid. A lot of the Stereos on best buy say they're iPod compatible, and they clearly have USB Ports on them, but would it still work with a droid if I couldn't play music through Bluetooth?

So my two main questions are:

1. Are there CD Players out there that can let me play music via bluetooth?
2. If the answer above is no, could I possible play music through the USB through my phone instead of an iPod?

Thank you!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
1. Yes - make sure the headunit handles A2DP profiles and you'll be good to go.
2. AUX IN is your friend! - this is how mine is setup. Works wonderfully.

Raziel36

Reaction score
Any player with a USB port will work. Hook the Droid up, and switch it into Mass Storage mode(like when hooked to PC) and the player will find the music. Done this on two different vehicles rented from Enterprise. Sound was great, too.

korky122

Reaction score
just look for a player w/ AUX IN. it's by far the easiest to use.

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I bought this for about $130 and it streams blutooth, has hd radio built in, and even the controls work to control the droid music player! Hit the forward ont he stereo it goes to the next song via bluetooth. Works great, and great value.

Amazon.com: Dual XHD7714 AM/FM/CD player and HD Radio Built-it…

is there a way i can see if this CD player would fit my car?

Sure, go to crutchfield.com and put your car in. It will fit though, you just have to get the appropriate mount adapter.

ci2019

Reaction score
I bought this for about $130 and it streams blutooth, has hd radio built in, and even the controls work to control the droid music player! Hit the forward ont he stereo it goes to the next song via bluetooth. Works great, and great value.

Crutchfield.com says it don't fit.

Maybe check them out. Input your car and see what does fit.

ci2019

Reaction score

Sure, go to crutchfield.com and put your car in. It will fit though, you just have to get the appropriate mount adapter.

ah...we were thinking the same. You type faster...lol.

I didn't see anything about it would fit with a special adapter. I do know they make them though. Just isn't as easy as drop-in though.

OP
F

Foreverrr

Reaction score

Just looked it up, apparently it doesn't fit. Dual XHD7714 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

FML

sroach23

Reaction score
i just bought a pioneer deh-p6100bt. it is an awesome radio and streams everything over Bluetooth, like Pandora radio. in between classes i can sit in my car to watch movies with the sound coming out of the stereo. usb only like mentioned above only works with mp3 files stored on the sdcard. a Bluetooth radio like this plays everything from your droid, including phone calls.