Adapter for car stereo aux port?

jroal

Reaction score
I made an app for 2.2 that will manage the volume when connected to your bluetooth device for you. You can set what the volume is set to for each device individually. It also captures you car location when it disconnects. It is called "A2DP Volume" in the Android Market. Just scan this:
QR.png

Last edited:

jeepxj96

Reaction score
Hi. Newbie here and must be doing som'g wrong. Purchased the said cable (fine, from RS...it was $4.99), plugged one end into the car radio's AUX jac, the other into the Droid X ready to hear my Pandora in all it's glory and ..........., crickets chirping, nada, zilch. I know it's definitely not the phone as when I unplug, I can hear it playing fine.
You haven't totally ruled out the phone. How do headphones work with it? Have you tried using the cable to connect the phone to something else? It's entirely possible that there's a problem with the headphone jack, etc.

Have you used this cable with anything else to test the cable?

Thanks for your input everyone. I'm pretty sure at this point that the issue is on the car stereo side. When I plug in headphones into the AUX jack, nothing happens as well. (Though AUX is lit up on the display...) It's not the Droid X issue it looks like. thanks again.....

you dont plug headphones into the car. plug them into your droid to see if the audio jack is working. if the headphones work then there is either something wrong with car or the cable that you bought.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
you dont plug headphones into the car. plug them into your droid to see if the audio jack is working. if the headphones work then there is either something wrong with car or the cable that you bought.
Wow, sorry I wasn't clearer on this matter. As jeepxj said, I was suggesting that you use the headphones to verify the functionality of the headphone jack on your phone. Plugging headphones into an Aux input won't do anything but that's to be expected.

///Merlin\\\

Reaction score
I am with metalmenace on this one. Big money system + big money device = why skimp on a cheap cable. Lower resistance is the key to the whole equation. High resistance=quality loss. Just the facts.

thanks

Reaction score
is there cable with a push button, like an iphone, to change the track?

Last edited:

LaxzBro

Reaction score
Might be the wrong thread, but for those who dont have a tape deck or aux input, I would recommend Jupiter Jack. Its one of those billy mays things and it is designed to play your phone conversation through your radio. It works perfect with my X and ipod and better than my $50 Monster FM transmitter

Lax bro, closet geek