Motorola Droid 4 Manual Available Now for Your Drooling Perusal

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
d4.jpg

Okay, so you may not actually "drool" over a technical manual of a new smartphone, but it is worth your "perusal" nonetheless. The link below will hook you up with a .pdf of the Motorola Droid 4 User Manual, so you will know everything about it before you get it in your hands. Enjoy!

Source: Motorola Droid 4 User Manual

apotheosis415

Reaction score
HMmmmm

I wonder why they continue to exclude infinite focus on the cameras. It's such a useful tool when after 6 feet you are most likely in infinite anyway. I just dont get it, anyone?

Another thing I find totally crazy: NOW YOU NEED A MOTO-KEY TO OPEN THE BACK?!?! no no no. Who thinks of these things?!!

View attachment 45810

IN AWE

Reaction score
Another thing I find totally crazy: NOW YOU NEED A MOTO-KEY TO OPEN THE BACK?!?! no no no. Who thinks of these things?!!

View attachment 45810

I'm glad they decided to lock the battery cover. It's about time. I have lost mine more than once. I don't keep my phone in my pocket and I use and abuse it in the real world.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
really? i've never lost mine and my phones have been through the field more times than I can count. having to carry yet another key of some sort... meh whatever I'm sure there will be a way around it and if it allows for smaller phones or a way to have a thin phone then I'm down, as long as the key is included in the box

IN AWE

Reaction score
really? i've never lost mine and my phones have been through the field more times than I can count. having to carry yet another key of some sort... meh whatever I'm sure there will be a way around it and if it allows for smaller phones or a way to have a thin phone then I'm down, as long as the key is included in the box

Yep, Lost it twice and found it once. I don't use a case and carry it naked in a holster so that puts the battery door on the outside. I've even thought about putting tape across the door but haven't gotten that far.

I'm sure the key is just a push type deal that you can use a paperclip, pencil or whatever.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yep, Lost it twice and found it once. I don't use a case and carry it naked in a holster so that puts the battery door on the outside. I've even thought about putting tape across the door but haven't gotten that far. I'm sure the key is just a push type deal that you can use a paperclip, pencil or whatever.
I'd tape mine as well. it's not a bad idea, just so long as I don't have to carry a very specific key with me to use it.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I wonder why they continue to exclude infinite focus on the cameras. It's such a useful tool when after 6 feet you are most likely in infinite anyway. I just dont get it, anyone?

View attachment 45810

The only reason this is "locked" is because you only need to get there for the SIM card or memory card. Since the battery is non replaceable there's no reason to get into there. But the key is there if you need to.

1233user

Reaction score
Why do they keep making these phones with non removable batterys? I was very excited about this phone, until I saw that battery couldn't be removed. I still have my original Droid, and it is on its 3rd battery. I will not even consider a phone that would have to be sent in to have the battery replaced.

IN AWE

Reaction score
Why do they keep making these phones with non removable batterys? I was very excited about this phone, until I saw that battery couldn't be removed. I still have my original Droid, and it is on its 3rd battery. I will not even consider a phone that would have to be sent in to have the battery replaced.

They are not "removable" but they are replaceable. Really not a big deal if the battery goes bad or gets weak, but your not going to be able to do daily swaps.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

You can remove the back... That being said the battery shouldn't be to much harder to replace on your own... Some special tool or something. Guess we shall find out when its released

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much they'll charge to replace the battery? And will they do it a local store? I'd hate to send it off..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

1233user

Reaction score
They are not "removable" but they are replaceable. Really not a big deal if the battery goes bad or gets weak, but your not going to be able to do daily swaps.

So what is involved in replacing the battery? Is it something that can be easily done by the end user, or does it need to be sent in to be replaced? Will there be replacement batterys on the market (ebay, amazon, etc) that can be bought at a reasonable price?

geoff5093

Reaction score
Once I did the initial swap for the extended battery I never had to remove it again, other then for a few hard locks - which could be solved by a long press of the power button if they designed it that way.