Android 4.1/Jelly Bean Starts Pushing Out to the Motorola Droid 4 Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid4-jelly-bean.PNG

We have great news for owners of the Motorola Droid 4. The official Android 4.1/Jelly Bean update made its way successfully through the soak test and is going to be pushing out OTA today to your devices. As always it will be sent out in waves/batches. This new update brings much of the goodness of Jelly Bean including enhanced Google Now, Project Butter and much more.

This new software is version 18.XT894.Verizon.en.US. The 356MB download will likely take an hour or more including installation and setup. It is recommended you have a full battery before attempting the download and update. For those impatient with waiting, you can always go to Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Download to try and start it manually.

Source: Verizon - Droid 4.pdf

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Bionic is up next. Finally.

galleria2k

Reaction score
My Droid 4 is updating as I type this. The phone has been acting really wonky for the last 3 weeks, so I'm hoping this will solve some of that. Keeping fingers, toes & little green man ears crossed.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
:yahoo: I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE UPDATE! :nerd:

Does anyone know if they brought back the options in the USB connection for charge only, pc mode, etc. or is that an awesome feature/idea that got tossed out for good? :huh: I just get tired of plugging my phone into a computer to charge and having something popup on the screen. Especially on computers where the drivers aren't even installed at it pops up the driver search box... all I wanna do is charge the phone, good grief. So I avoid plugging it into a computer even though that might be the most convenient option at time.

View attachment 61309

...Still no update for me :(

Last edited: