Motorola Droid 2 R2-D2 Collector's set is now $199

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid2-r2d2-199.gif

Verizon Wireless has just announced the the Motorola Droid 2 R2-D2 collector's set is now only $199.99 after a $100 mail in rebate and new 2 year activation. These limited edition phones were expected to be sold out during the release a few months ago, however sales for this device didn't go as expected.

The R2-D2 Limited Edition Gift Set incudes:
  • R2-D2 Desk Charger
  • Ear Buds
  • Interactive wallpapers
  • Deeds, SFX, and scenes
  • Apps and Games

For more information visit: https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/c...gw03f1QgLlVaVRVGf6beV96vx90wb9zgw03f1QgLlVXLX

me4droid

Reaction score
Now if they would offer it as a BOGO I bet they'd sell some more. Most of the other droids are BOGO this month. I can get the D2 Global for that price as a BOGO. Granted it doesn't have a docking station or headphonees, but I can get those cheap (BestBuy is selling the docking station this weekend for $19.99)

h4ckd

Reaction score
wish that was $199 even for existing customers, I'd be all over that

Dugall12

Reaction score
I got the original Droid the weekend it came out a year ago and naturally I'm eligible for an early upgrade. I love my OG Droid so much that I considered being loyal and getting a Droid 2 but the lack of HD recoreding was a big let down especially when almost every other Android phone in that price range can do it. Why would anyone choose the D2 over the X when for the same money you get so much more?

Inverse

Reaction score
I bought a Droid 2 so I could actually type messages like this on my phone without pretending I'm enjoying it. Seriously, virtual keyboards are not going to replace physical ones for me anytime soon.

Sure, some people tolerate virtuals and even enjoy them to the degree as a means to an end, but if I were to replace their keyboard at home with a tablet, I'm not sure they would like me very much. If I had NO choice but to use a virtual, that's fine, but Motorola gave me one... and props to them, I chose the Droid 2.

I just don't see myself writing like I am now on a slate phone. This is comfortable for me, not a chore. It's somewhat of a joy actually. I don't feel a yearning to browse the web and participate on full forums at home exclusively. The internet is more open to me for having a slider keyboard. Not to mention, the build of this phone is just solid.

It sucks about the camera, definitely. Yet in a year, all these phones will be dust in that department anyway. I chose the best phone out there for me at this time, I just think it's awesome, Motorola made a sequel to the reason most of us are using Android right now.

me4droid

Reaction score
it is for existing customers too!

I went to the verizon store today. Been planning to get two droid 2 globals with the BOGO. Well.....at the store the Droid 2 Global was buy one get ANY phone (of same price or less). Guess what--R2D2 is now the same price! BAM! I got a D2G and and R2D2 with the BOGO! I'm a happy camper!

Got the R2 unit for my son. This way we can also compare the D2G and D2 side by side and see which we like best. Can always swap out with 30 day guarantee.

I am now an official Droid owner!!! dancedroid

nicdanger

Reaction score
I bought a Droid 2 so I could actually type messages like this on my phone without pretending I'm enjoying it. Seriously, virtual keyboards are not going to replace physical ones for me anytime soon.

Sure, some people tolerate virtuals and even enjoy them to the degree as a means to an end, but if I were to replace their keyboard at home with a tablet, I'm not sure they would like me very much. If I had NO choice but to use a virtual, that's fine, but Motorola gave me one... and props to them, I chose the Droid 2.

I just don't see myself writing like I am now on a slate phone. This is comfortable for me, not a chore. It's somewhat of a joy actually. I don't feel a yearning to browse the web and participate on full forums at home exclusively. The internet is more open to me for having a slider keyboard. Not to mention, the build of this phone is just solid.

It sucks about the camera, definitely. Yet in a year, all these phones will be dust in that department anyway. I chose the best phone out there for me at this time, I just think it's awesome, Motorola made a sequel to the reason most of us are using Android right now.

I completely agree droid x is cool and all i need physical keyboard

Reaction score
they should have put the D2Global's 1.2Ghz processor in the r2d2! it would hav sold alot better..

geoff5093

Reaction score
they should have put the D2Global's 1.2Ghz processor in the r2d2! it would hav sold alot better..
I'm not sure about that, most people don't know or care about the processing speed of the phones CPU. They tend to care more about looks and price.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wow, this was in 2010.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
They could do another this year, in a movie promo. That'd be awesome!