motorola BLUR??? draining my battery

miltk

Reaction score
i powered my battery full and it has drained abnormally fast, and this is without using the phone.
no wi-fi, no location access, no bluetooth,,,,,,no nuttin'.
battery drained to 40% and when i looked i noticed com.motorola.blur.home responsible for 47% of the battery usage. i have never seen this function before.

what is this, what does it do
is this something new
can i get rid of it
can i deisable it

if this continues i may as well get an iphone.

thx

Last edited:

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-That is your homescreen(s) I believe.

-Try disabling widgets.

-Use third party launcher.

-FDR and clear cache.

OP
M

miltk

Reaction score
-That is your homescreen(s) I believe.

-Try disabling widgets.

-Use third party launcher.

-FDR and clear cache.

fdr,,,that's reset you're talking about?

i have a couple of questions.

i noticed earlier that there was a system update notification that i DID NOT choose to do. did it update on it's own and is that why my battery is draing?
what does reset and clear cache do for this particular problem?

am i supposed to never use widgets again?

sounds like a not so good update if that's what's happening

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
fdr,,,that's reset you're talking about?

i have a couple of questions.

i noticed earlier that there was a system update notification that i DID NOT choose to do. did it update on it's own and is that why my battery is draing?
what does reset and clear cache do for this particular problem?

am i supposed to never use widgets again?

sounds like a not so good update if that's what's happening

-It's possible.

-A reset would be your last resort if none of the other options work to clear up any errors in the cache or system files that occurred when updating.

-I would take away the widgets to see if it helps. If it does then you add them back one by one until it happens again. Then you either stop using that widget, fool with the settings until it doesn't do that or find an alternative that doesn't do that.

-Updates are never perfect since we never run our devices exactly stock and no operating system is ever perfect of causing errors over normal use.

OP
M

miltk

Reaction score
-It's possible.

-A reset would be your last resort if none of the other options work to clear up any errors in the cache or system files that occurred when updating.

-I would take away the widgets to see if it helps. If it does then you add them back one by one until it happens again. Then you either stop using that widget, fool with the settings until it doesn't do that or find an alternative that doesn't do that.

-Updates are never perfect since we never run our devices exactly stock and no operating system is ever perfect of causing errors over normal use.

well im a minimal user when it comes to media and games. in fact, after i did the reset i decided i dont really use things like hbo-go or watchESP. im never on wifi nor do i set location access or 4g. the screen is 60%, so when i notice a battery drain in a matter of a few hours something is definitely wrong. so i hope the reset fixes things.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I had similar problems with my S4. With nearly no usage daily it would die in about 11 to 12 hours. I finally gave up and now have the Droid MAXX. No battery problems here! Lol. I think sometimes there are individual phones of a particular model that just act strangely. Mine was one of them.

FDR didn't work for me to fix the problems. Replacement was the final straw.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

djspy

Reaction score
wait, there was a software update for the OG RAZR Maxx? Are you sure you don't have the RAZR Maxx HD?

OP
M

miltk

Reaction score
wait, there was a software update for the OG RAZR Maxx? Are you sure you don't have the RAZR Maxx HD?

i have the original maxx before the hd.
and the reset didn't really solve anything. the update screwed my battery. i'll give you that after two years there's a deterioration of battery performance. as a test, now it streams netflix for a little over four hours where it once streamed FIVE movies

djspy

Reaction score
Do you have extended warranty with Verizon? If you do, just call them and they'll send you a replacement. What software version are you running? Settings>about phone>system version.

OP
M

miltk

Reaction score
Do you have extended warranty with Verizon? If you do, just call them and they'll send you a replacement. What software version are you running? Settings>about phone>system version.

4.1.2,,,,,updated

this is the end of my 2 yrs so i was thinking of the new maxx anyway. for what i have to pay nowadays, i think this time i WILL get a warranty. if i played games or did heavy use media, i'd REALLY be pi$$ed

Danny123

Reaction score
Try nova launcher. I used it because blur was getting so laggy. Much better now. Plus my battery seems a bit better now too.

TheWitness

Reaction score
Just deblur. I'm running CyanogenMod 10.2 that is totally deblured and fast with good battery life and no lag.