Motorola = bad camera

Dienasty

Reaction score
I don't like my camera.. something about it is just really bad. The flash turns EVERYTHING white and the final result is WAYY to bright. Sometimes I can manage to get a decent photo, but the iPhones camera is much better. It'll have to do though, cause I don't like taking my SLR everywhere I go.

Buttonball

Reaction score
Recently got a droidx. I sold my lg dare the day before I got the droid. Im kinda bummed i did that because that thing had a great camera. I love the droid but that camera had a really good lens. So whats done is done. Theres no going back. So lets talk settings.

Im on the 3 mp setting since the file sizes are comparable to the dare. The photos come out grainy... almost as if there is a moire pattern visible without zooming in. I have iso set to auto and exposure is at zero. The flash makes things too bright so i dont use it. A lot of times when i press the side button to take a picture it beeps a couple times but does not shoot. I have to press the shutter icon on the screen to get it to shoot.

If I can get it to take pix like the fish and gun pix above id be happy. Its a brand new unit so no lense scratches or dirt. This is where a users manual would really come in handy i guess. Tell me its my settings.

By the way ive tried the higher res settings and same grainy photos.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm am on a droid 1 and all my photos come out grainy unless I am taking a photo outside on a very bright summer day. I think it is the lenses that motorola uses...Idk...other than the camera, droid is awesome though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Atook

Reaction score
Buttonball, the camera wasn't too important to me when I got the camera, I always figured if I wanted to take pictures, I'd use a camera.

But once I saw the photos from friends i-phones, and the Galaxy, I realized that having a quality camera on my phone would be great, because I always have my phone with me. My Droid photos are not near the quality of Dans. It might be user operator, but I'm pretty proficient with a camera. And besides it's on a phone, it should be point and shoot, maybe turn the flash on and off. Brightly lit landscapes have taken the best droid photos so far. Seems to me more of a sensor issue than a lens issue, the in my photos reminds me of high ISO photos on a digi cam. Anything indoors is awful. I'm surprised that Dan got such good results of the indoor range.

Dan, did you change any settings to take the picture of the guns?

Last edited:

Buttonball

Reaction score
For what its worth, the photos Ive seen from iphone 3 and blackberry were not so great. Sort of what youd expect from a phone cam fron 6 years ago. I too have an slr and a camcorder with a really aweaome carl zeiss lens that can zoom so far that it takes still shots of things you cant see with the human eye. But its those spur of the moment shots.... ive taken like 1600 of them in the two years that i had the dare that I fear will not be very good now. Luckily most of pix I take ARE outdoors so Ill see what comes of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App