Motorola = bad camera

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is possible for Motorola to make a good camera in their phones. I have never had a good camera in any moto. Is HTC or Samsung better?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Atook

Reaction score
The camera in my Droid is pretty poor, my friends Galaxy takes great photos.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Its usually the lens that makes the difference .. I know LG usually puts good lenses in their higher end phones .. mine still takes pretty good photos regardless

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My camera on my d1 takes grainy dark photos even with the flash on...maybe my lens is scratched. It works good when the sun is blaring. My old lg voyager takes better photos! Maybe it will b a lg or htc for my next phone....but its gotta b a droid. Droid4life! Lol.

trublond

Reaction score
I have been less then impressed with the camera on the Droid. I had Samsung Omnia and it's camera was far better. I will be getting a new phone and the camera is very important, so I am hoping that there is a Android phone out there that has a respectable camera in it.

Dan_08

Reaction score
It's not the camera it's the operator. I can take pretty good pictures with my camera. And yes lighting is very important in taking pictures regardless of the camera. Also how steady you hold the camera. low light shots require you to have a very steady hand and a still subject.

Also do you clean your lens before you take photo's? taking a picture through a layer of grease doesn't produce good photos.

This one was taken today by the D1 with over cast:
Speckled Trout
IMG_20101205_114510.jpg

This one was taken in very low light at an indoor gun range:
IMG_20100925_145508.jpg

The Pictures are no where near the quality of my DSLR but it can easily compete with most people's point and shoot camera's.

Youminker

Reaction score
I have never expect Moto would offer some fantastic cameras. They just always let me down.

flash24

Reaction score
My Blackberry 9650 takes better pics than my 5MP Droid Pro.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong Droids are awesome. I will be sticking with droid for a long time. But it seems like motorola doesn't care about quality cameras.

straylight

Reaction score
I don't mind the quality of the camera, Ive had good luck with that. But the delay of button push to photo is a little long sometimes. So much so I've lost 'the moment'.

Thats always irritating. I think the D1 is good for still photos, not so good for people posing, say, at a party.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes the delay with the button is horrible. I have a shortcut to the camera on my desktop. Motorola = bad photos of people, I agree. Maybe someone at Motorola will read this thread and start producing better cameras in their phones, lol.