Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-froyo-update1.jpg

According to a post from Trident on AndroidForums.com, Motorola and Verizon have found an issue with the OTA update that has been rolling out over the past few days. It could be another week before the roll out resumes. We are trying to get more information, so stay tuned!

fccs

Reaction score
gahh theyre going to keep putting it back until droid 2 is out and done.

Sal

Reaction score
So glad to have this forum to get good, solid info. Really appreciate the hard work of the mods,smods.....:) Sal

dan j

Reaction score
Droid_Medium.jpg

According to a post from Trident on AndroidForums.com, Motorola and Verizon have found an issue with the OTA update that has been rolling out over the past few days. It could be another week before the roll out resumes. We are trying to get more information, so stay tuned!
It'd be nice if whoever released it would say what the issue(s) are.

alphawave7

Reaction score
Just a reminder that Nexus users have seen similar (re)actions with RC builds from Google, and any new update will have a progressive build number, so if you've manually updated to the new FroYo build, you WILL be able to get the OTA of any future release. Many users here are seeing the type of 'bugs' Nexus users saw when they were FroYo'd (certain apps FC'ing, not visible in market,etc.), so there is no doubt Droid users will see additional updates to resolve whatever Moto/VZN feels this build lacks, just like Nexus users. The Google link continues to work, but be advised it may be withdrawn soon, to be replaced with the newest build. Use your own discretion when updating manually, and please report any issues experienced (search first) in the 'Bugs' thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ial-frg01b-froyo-issues-solutions-thread.html

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It could be a number of minor things. I'm running FRG22 now, which is probably what they will release next. Unless there is something wrong with this one. I haven't seen any issues.

alphawave7

Reaction score

It could be a number of minor things. I'm running FRG22 now, which is probably what they will release next. Unless there is something wrong with this one. I haven't seen any issues.

I've been monitoring for widespread issues, and so far most are typical of 2.2 wrt apps. I've seen a few sound and camera issues mentioned, but not widespread...most report MUCH better performance overall.

Cynthialea

Reaction score
I manually updated and I have not seen any issues**crossing my fingers**. When the bugs are worked out, will we just get a notification that there is a new update available?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again ladies and gentleman i have been told this rollout is suspended for now. There is widespread issues. I have also been told there will be a new release and it will be a new build for the droid. I do not know the build number yet but we are working diligently behind the scenes to get more information from vzw.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sal

Reaction score
Again ladies and gentleman i have been told this rollout is suspended for now. There is widespread issues. I have also been told there will be a new release and it will be a new build for the droid. I do not know the build number yet but we are working diligently behind the scenes to get more information from vzw.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks, Miami! Maybe someone should tweet this news too. This is important for those who may be considering manually updating but were already nervous about it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

that won't be released......