Motorola acknowledges some ATRIX 4Gs have call quality issues, searching for a cure

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Why the hell are we picking sides and dumping on other android phones?

I love my D1 the battery is at the end of it's life... I ain't even mad.
Picked up a new battery from Amazon Marketplace for...maybe $3.00? Haven't used it yet (probably gray market) but it should get me through the end of my two-year contract. :)

-Matt

silentbob343

Reaction score

Fan boys butt-hurt over Motorola seeking alternatives to Android. Of course they have no idea of Motorola's strategy, but immediately start tearing apart Motorola

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

Fan boys butt-hurt over Motorola seeking alternatives to Android. Of course they have no idea of Motorola's strategy, but immediately start tearing apart Motorola
I think you are over analyzing this thread a bit...........ok a ton. No one has ripped Motorola apart in this thread or even said anything all that bad. Not sure where this came from???

Pmoser

Reaction score
at&t messed with the phone
Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

WishRyder

Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware, the mute issue wasn't the only issue with Droid. There was also an issue with the noise cancelling microphone being too sensitive, so it was cancelling out the voice of the talker as well (thereby making them sound muffled, far away, or in a hole).

There were simple fixes early on, such as tearing something apart and putting a piece of paper over the noise cancelling mic. Later, I think Moto fixed it with a software update to desensitize that noise cancelling mic altogether. I'm guessing something similiar is already in the works for the Atrix.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just so everyone is aware, the mute issue wasn't the only issue with Droid. There was also an issue with the noise cancelling microphone being too sensitive, so it was cancelling out the voice of the talker as well (thereby making them sound muffled, far away, or in a hole).

There were simple fixes early on, such as tearing something apart and putting a piece of paper over the noise cancelling mic. Later, I think Moto fixed it with a software update to desensitize that noise cancelling mic altogether. I'm guessing something similiar is already in the works for the Atrix.
Thanks WishRyder, that's the example I was trying to remember. :)

-Matt

silentbob343

Reaction score
Is this surprising?? Motorola should just lay down and submit... I'm back to HTC and will NEVER by another Motorola phone again...

Motorola seems to be losing it completely. They had great success with the OG Droid and the X but since then it seems they have rushed every device without polishing it to it's final touch. The Xoom released with countless issues and now the Atrix having problems. IMO call quality is a HUGE issue, after all it is a phone. I still get people complaining to me that I sound muffled on my D1. Moto is just releasing products to try and keep up with competitors but they are actually losing ground with all these issues. And yet with all these issues they are "thinking" about starting their own OS. Geez I hate to see what that would look like.

Kinda sucks for the hopes of people holding out on the Thunderbolt for the Bionic huh? LMAO

Keep putting the Bionic up on the pedestal, to find not only will you probably not get your unlimited plans but you'll also have crappy call quality!! (Not to mention a Motoblur device)

HA ha
:rofl3:

yea no one...my language was hyperbolic, but you get the point.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Kinda sucks for the hopes of people holding out on the Thunderbolt for the Bionic huh? LMAO

Keep putting the Bionic up on the pedestal, to find not only will you probably not get your unlimited plans but you'll also have crappy call quality!! (Not to mention a Motoblur device)

HA ha

First this problem is not wide spread. It is just a few people. Just like it is a few people having problems with the Battery life of the TB. So what is worst crappy battery life or muffled talking that can be fixed with a software update. The orig. Droid had the same problem and was fixed. But HTC always had battery problems. I will take an Motorola Droid phone over HTC any day just not on AT&T:)!
Now I know why they gave the TB a 32G Microsd Card because most of the things on the phone take up most of the internal memory on the phone.

Last edited:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is this surprising?? Motorola should just lay down and submit... I'm back to HTC and will NEVER by another Motorola phone again...

Motorola seems to be losing it completely. They had great success with the OG Droid and the X but since then it seems they have rushed every device without polishing it to it's final touch. The Xoom released with countless issues and now the Atrix having problems. IMO call quality is a HUGE issue, after all it is a phone. I still get people complaining to me that I sound muffled on my D1. Moto is just releasing products to try and keep up with competitors but they are actually losing ground with all these issues. And yet with all these issues they are "thinking" about starting their own OS. Geez I hate to see what that would look like.

HA ha

yea no one...my language was hyperbolic, but you get the point.

again I stand by my point, no one said anything over the top that warranted your original response.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Motorola ATRIX 4G users get changelist for upcoming software upgrade

Motorola ATRIX 4G users get changelist for upcoming software upgrade

Motorola-ATRIX-4G-users-get-changelist-for-upcoming-software-upgrade.jpg

The Motorola ATRIX 4G may be the "world's most powerful smartphone", but it does have some bugs. Thankfully, a software upgrade is coming that will fix these problems. The new build will be 4.1.57 and will improve the fingerprint reader, increase the life of the battery, improve the performance of the 3.5mm earphone jack and the car dock, and reduce the number of times a program is unresponsive and has to be force closed. Once the 17MB upgrade is installed, you will also notice that the display on the ATRIX 4G will turn off when the charger is plugged in.

The upgrade is coming OTA and Motorola suggests that you have your handset set on Wi-Fi "to avoid large data charges". The company also recommends that you have your battery charged to at least 50% of capacity and have an active SIM card installed prior to downloading the upgrade. For more information, check out the source link.

One bug that won't be addressed with this upgrade is the problem that we reported yesterday with the phone's call quality. While earlier information made this problem appear to be widespread, Motorola released a statement that says the call quality problem is an issue affecting a small number of ATRIX 4G users and the company is already working on a solution for a future "maintenance release." Motorola also suggests that those who own an ATRIX 4G with a call quality problem should contact a customer support center.

The upcoming software upgrade for the Motorola ATRIX 4G will fix many of the issues that users have been having with the device

source: Motorola via AndroidCentral

tecnic1

Reaction score
I don't have call quality issues.

:shrug:

Sent from my MB860 using DroidForums App