Motorcycle Mount for the TB

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone with an idea what is good for a mount for the Thunderbolt on my motorcycle?

KrautBurner

Reaction score
Marlins iPhone & iPod Motorcycle Mount | Motorcycle News

marlins-iphone-and-ipod-motorcycle-mount

eppey1

Reaction score
This guy made his own EVO mount for his car by using a case, and some ingenuity.

[video=youtube;XK9Cz3_Efjk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK9Cz3_Efjk]YouTube - HTC Evo Car Dock[/video]

BillTheCat

Reaction score

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
F

FlyFishinX2

am i crazy or does mounting to the end of the handle bars seem rediculous ? If I'm putting a navigation on any of my bikes it will be tucked in against the windshield and near the ignition

kerrdj

Reaction score
i will take pictures of how i have mine mounted tonight. i have a kawaski mean streak so no windshield. it is mounted in the center of the handlebars. i tested it today while having a gps app up so i could check my speedometer.

kerrdj

Reaction score
Motorcycle Handlebar Mount for Apple iPhone 3G S - eBay (item 350215984117 end time Apr-11-11 10:05:31 PDT)

these style scare the crap out of me. not only would it be a problem if it rained but for some reason i just see a big pot hole and me dropping the bike trying to catch my phone

i just saw the link i posted was for smaller smart phones. this one would work for the bolt
Waterproof Motorcycle Bike Mount for Motorola Droid X - eBay (item 400132448853 end time Mar-25-11 21:18:59 PDT)

i love the mount itself. i just ordered the wrong size case i guess

F

FlyFishinX2

i will take pictures of how i have mine mounted tonight. i have a kawaski mean streak so no windshield. it is mounted in the center of the handlebars. i tested it today while having a gps app up so i could check my speedometer.
make a lot more sense to mount in the middle ..I can see how having them mounted off center will cause problems and probably fatalities

kerrdj

Reaction score
make a lot more sense to mount in the middle ..I can see how having them mounted off center will cause problems and probably fatalities

the only reason i wouldnt mount in the middle is it blocks my guages without a serious lean but i use my phone to replace my guages anyway so i dont need to see the time, tripometer, or mph

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's my motorcycle mount. Bag is secured to the windshield, so it's going nowhere, also has a zip tie around it to prevent the mount from flying through the air at 70 mph or higher.

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

kerrdj

Reaction score
if you already had a mount why did you ask? lol

how well does that hold the phone? thats the only thing i would be worried about with a setup like that

what kinda vulcan anyway? nomad, drifter, classic, etc... (just curious)

OP
Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you already had a mount why did you ask? lol

how well does that hold the phone? thats the only thing i would be worried about with a setup like that

what kinda vulcan anyway? nomad, drifter, classic, etc... (just curious)
I wish I had another camera to take pictures of the TB on the mount. Maybe tomorrow I'll bug my wife to use her iPuke and take a couple more pics with it on the mount. The phone snugly fits in the charger port and the top part snaps over the top of the phone. And, again, I have that black rubberband for the heck of it around the top part of the phone, although I don't think that's even necessary. I just wanted you to see what my solution was.

I have a Vulcan 1600 Classic. It's the one I have in my Avatar.

kerrdj

Reaction score
i may have to try a mount like that if i cant get the one i posted to work... i was just always worried about it popping out.

i squinted trying to figure out if it was a mean streak or not lol. saw the fenders and then i figured i ask what you had.
when you mentioned charger, did you just add a cig lighter charger?