motocast wireless not working after 246 update...anyone working on this?

blarg

Reaction score
I just updated to the official 246 OTA and can't use Motocast anymore. On the leaks, I was able to download the Motocast app from the appstore and connect to my server, but now when I try to run the motocast app it says my device is not supported. I read that you should be able to add the Motocast ID through your accounts page, but there is no Motocast option there either...

Anyone get Motocast working on their Bionic with .246? The "My Music" and "My Gallery" apps have the little red motocast arrows on them, but they don't seem to have the option to add a Motocast ID...at least I had it working through the Motocast app before, but now even that won't work.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
motocast & Bionic

The official motocast page says it only works with USB.

Is there a tweak or setting change that was being done to activate the cloud sync ?

crimattyple

Reaction score
Zumocast also now says that my device isn't supported. But it does work on my Nexus 7. I'd really like one of these apps (motocast or zumocast) to work.

Thanks.

OP
B

blarg

Reaction score
Nope. I jus downloaded the motosync app from the marketplace and it worked... With version 232. Now when I try to run it it won't even start. Says my device is not supported which is why I figured there HAS to be a tweak to make it work. The hardware DOES work.

jayman350

Reaction score
yup had this exact problem, strangest thing was that is was working fine on 247. motocast was a nice step forward from zumocast (that app would hammer my pc all day long while it was indexing) but i don't understand why it doesn't work all of a sudden, and only 246.

Olhonda

Reaction score
I posted this question to Motorola during the soak and got ignored. Can't remember where I read it, but it sounded like Motocast is going the way of the dodo and webtop.

OP
B

blarg

Reaction score
well, maybe the app just needs an update...or there might be a way to fool it....if it works on 232 and 247, there HAS to be a way to fool it.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Zumocast is still working fine for me on 246. Haven't tried Motocast.

tbb1226

Reaction score
After update to 246, both Zumocast and Motocast are telling me that my device is "not currently supported." I had good experience with Zumocast prior to this (including a couple months on ICS 232 leak). I have no idea where to start troubleshooting this one...

eryden

Reaction score
I have this same issue. I was using ZUMOCAST and liked it very much. Now it says not supported by Droid Bionic after the ICS download. I call and was told Zumcast not supported. THen They told me to use Motocast. Well I did and its not supported. I hope they have this address and fix as it is an important program.

tbb1226

Reaction score
MotoCast is not officially supported for Bionic, but I was able to restore Zumocast function on mine by doing a factory reset. Not a trivial process, but if it's as important to you as you say, it might be worthwhile to give it a shot.