Moto Z2 Force Also Encountering Jelly Scrolling Bug

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The video above demonstrates an annoying issue on the Moto Z2 Force we saw earlier this year with the OnePlus 5. When displays in these two devices are mounted upside down at the factory it causes this jelly scrolling effect which makes the phone seem laggy and stuttery. This is not a good thing when you just spent a good bit of money on a flagship device. Apparently these phones are programmed to refresh content from bottom to top which is the underlying cause of the issue. OnePlus's response was basically "you're holding it wrong, its not a bug". It will be interesting to see how Lenovo responds to this issue. I personally don't think this is a major deal. What are your thoughts? Is this a deal breaker?

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not fake news, the screen has to be mounted upside down. Obviously every device won't have the defect.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'll take Pere's word since he actually has one in his hands.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe this video will clear it up for you a bit more. Joshua Bane is a good friend of mine and he is saying he can clearly see the jelly effect on his Moto Z2 Force. I can definitely see it in his video.

Josh Bane on Twitter

Without a doubt you can see it

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
I dont know about it being fake, however its nothing major like the oneplus 5 either. I have had moto devices before which faintly fell behind the movement of your finger scrolling up and down however my moto z2 force is fine no lag or jelly. In either of those videos especially the first one there seems to be no problem at all and no jelly effect, second video faintly but that still doesn't come close to the oneplus 5 which was clearly an issue.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Still not seeing it. Not in that 2nd video or on my phone. Maybe because I'm looking for something like the One+? If it's this hard to spot, this imperceptible...it's a non issue. Mountain, meet mole hill.
/Edit/ o wait...I think I might have seen something on my 3rd watch through... Still a non issue IMO. And not because I own one.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can't see it in either video

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I can see it slightly but I think most will not notice it on their phones.. As stated above on the OnePlus 5 there were some worst cases than others... It's all about each person's comfort with their phone and usage..

Sent using Tapatalk