Moto Z & Moto Z Force July 28th! Verizon Editions ..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Preorders start today ! Verizon offering up to $300 trade in on your phone...

$624 Moto Z

$720 Moto Z Force

6S PLUS

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Preorders start today ! Verizon offering up to $300 trade in on your phone...

$624 Moto Z

$720 Moto Z Force

6S PLUS
Where's the pricing for the 64GB version? Online I'm only able to select the 32GB option.

Am I missing something here?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Where's the pricing for the 64GB version? Online I'm only able to select the 32GB option.

Am I missing something here?

I think you can only do it on the Motorola site at this time

6S PLUS

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I think you can only do it on the Motorola site at this time

6S PLUS
Very much so...64GB version retail price is $770. If you bundle with the Tumi Power Pack, & JBL speaker, price balloons to $939 with tax...

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Very much so...64GB version retail price is $770. If you bundle with the Tumi Power Pack, & JBL speaker, price balloons to $939 with tax...

I'm hearing they will be having a mods sale sometime soon where you buy one get second mod 40% off

6S PLUS

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I'm hearing they will be having a mods sale sometime soon where you buy one get second mod 40% off

6S PLUS
Also saw that on the VZW website. 0.00% APR, whereas on the Moto site, no discounts on a 2nd Moto mod, & 9.99% APR. End up paying $150 extra in interest alone.

Last edited:
OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Also saw that on the VZW website. 0.00% APR, whereas on the Moto site, no discounts on a 2nd Moto mod, & 9.99% APR. End up paying$150 extra in interest alone.

Definitely no interest is the way to go ! I usually buy them outright or when I find stuff on BestBuy pay off interest free on card

6S PLUS

TwoBuells

Reaction score
On Sunday I ordered a Moto Z Droid from Verizon for $199.00 and with a 2 year contract. I have not updated my Droid RAZR M for over 4 years because I didn't want to lose my Unlimited Data. I was able to keep my same plan for the next two years. Then I see on Best Buy's web site I could get the Moto Z for $1.00 and a two year contract ($99.00 for the Moto Z Force). So I canceled the Verizon order and ordered a Moto Z for a buck and kept my same plan. We'll see how it works out, can't wait till Thursday.

Clamshell

Reaction score
On Sunday I ordered a Moto Z Droid from Verizon for $199.00 and with a 2 year contract. I have not updated my Droid RAZR M for over 4 years because I didn't want to lose my Unlimited Data. I was able to keep my same plan for the next two years. Then I see on Best Buy's web site I could get the Moto Z for $1.00 and a two year contract ($99.00 for the Moto Z Force). So I canceled the Verizon order and ordered a Moto Z for a buck and kept my same plan. We'll see how it works out, can't wait till Thursday.
If I understand this correctly you were able to keep your unlimited data with the 2yr plan thru Best Buy? I'm in the same situation. Went to BB today to do the pre order but the person I work with is off till Wednesday.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
If I understand this correctly you were able to keep your unlimited data with the 2yr plan thru Best Buy? I'm in the same situation. Went to BB today to do the pre order but the person I work with is off till Wednesday.
Yes, I ordered the phone on BB site and as for my plan my bill says "Verizon Wireless Keep Existing Plan"
I had the same deal going with Verizon, but as I posted above, BB had a better deal. I will have to pay a $40 activation fee which will come on my phone bill

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Verizon has informed me that even these "Verizon Wireless Keep Existing Plan" contracts from Best Buy will suffer the loss of the "plan feature", that being "Unlimited Data" as a plan feature. In other words, your basic plan (for me its Nationwide Calling with 1400 minutes at $70/month), would stay the same but you would lose UDP.

I've also been informed that if this loss of Unlimited Data happens, Verizon will honor reversing the loss of the UDP if you essentially reverse the transaction that caused it and then put in a request within 60 days of plan feature termination. In other words, take it back to Best Buy in that example and ask for a refund.

The problem in a nutshell is that Verizon looks at Best Buy purchases with a new 2-year Verizon Wireless plan agreement as a "subsidized" phone. This is against the plan rules required to keep UDP. In order to keep UDP, the only way now is to "bring your own phone". Buying it at Best Buy under a new 2-year contract, and paying either $1 for the Moto Z or $99 for the Moto Z Force will be treated as "subsidized" and NOT as if you paid full retail and simply swapped SIM Cards.

I am only relaying what I've been told. This was all cross-referenced with senior level support staff supervisors at Verizon Wireless.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Verizon has informed me that even these "Verizon Wireless Keep Existing Plan" contracts from Best Buy will suffer the loss of the "plan feature", that being "Unlimited Data" as a plan feature. In other words, your basic plan (for me its Nationwide Calling with 1400 minutes at $70/month), would stay the same but you would lose UDP.

I've also been informed that if this loss of Unlimited Data happens, Verizon will honor reversing the loss of the UDP if you essentially reverse the transaction that caused it and then put in a request within 60 days of plan feature termination. In other words, take it back to Best Buy in that example and ask for a refund.

The problem in a nutshell is that Verizon looks at Best Buy purchases with a new 2-year Verizon Wireless plan agreement as a "subsidized" phone. This is against the plan rules required to keep UDP. In order to keep UDP, the only way now is to "bring your own phone". Buying it at Best Buy under a new 2-year contract, and paying either $1 for the Moto Z or $99 for the Moto Z Force will be treated as "subsidized" and NOT as if you paid full retail and simply swapped SIM Cards.

I am only relaying what I've been told. This was all cross-referenced with senior level support staff supervisors at Verizon Wireless.
When did this happen? The bb method has worked for many for years. Get new phone, dont use the sim they gave you, use your original.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TwoBuells

Reaction score
this is going to get interesting, I was buying the phone for $199 through Verizon and getting to keep my plan w/ULD and now I'm buying the phone though BestBuy for $201 Regular price, on sale $200 off and only paying BB $1.00?? As soon as I get my phone from BB I will call Verizon and see what plan I will be on, and if I can keep my Existing Plan like my receipt says.
My monthly avg data is 35GB, I've hit 250GB once while being off work for two weeks and once this year I hit 60GB. I think I could live with 40GB or even 30GB

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Again, I'm telling you what Verizon's public position on this is. If it slips through the cracks, so be it, but there were others in past "loophole" transactions that found out only too late that the system pulled the trigger on them automatically. The system can find those new contracts and connect them with the IMEI to the phone that was purchased on that contract, then see the phone being activated on an existing UDP plan and flag it for plan change.

You see, Verizon is paying Best Buy the commissions to bring a "new contract" and that commission is being used by Best Buy at the register (or on the web store), to subsidize the price to the consumer. It is no different than taking a new contract at a phone center store, getting the phone subsidized and losing the UDP in the process.

Today, the only way to legitimately keep UDP is either to bring your own phone (not one subsidized by Verizon, whether directly or indirectly through a retailer with a new 2-year contract), or go on a payment plan at full price. I'm not saying the Best Buy Bypass won't work, I'm just warning those who attempt it that it may backfire.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
When did this happen? The bb method has worked for many for years. Get new phone, dont use the sim they gave you, use your original.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OK I currently have two Droid RAZR M with the bigger sim card. (I use both phones on the same sim)
The Moto Z uses the smaller nano Sim (I think thats the right name)

I think I can cut the larger sim down but can I ever use it again in the RAZR M?