Moto xoom

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I wanted to get the xoom wifi only. I have been looking at the forums about it and I see a lot of people that are happy with it and others who returned it for an ipad. Just wanted to know if the xoom is worth having or should I wait for something else that is coming out. Or get the ipad (I don't like apple but if they are the best at the tablets I can't deny that u know?)

Just wanted so quick ideas before I drop $600 on something you know?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the Xoom and love it, money well spent - we have an entire site dedicated to the Xoom at xoomforums.com and one dedicated to the ipad at ipadforum.net join the discussion, it may help your decision making process ;)

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the sites. Ill be sure to check them out when I get home.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just got a xoom last week and i still love it. Came in handy yesterday and a gps since my phone was kind of dying.

so far i've used it as a light web browser, media device, and even accessing my pc at home, it's a great thing. It's easier to bring places than my netbook and much quieter.

$600, definitely well spent.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the sites. Ill be sure to check them out when I get home.

No problem, also if you buy the Xoom or ipad at best buy they have a 30 day return policy, Costco has a 90 day one - give em' both a good test run and see which one comes in first :D

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
How is the video quality? I wanna be able to put movies on it and watch them and stuff. Surf the net. Ans use it as an ereader. Those are main uses for it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The video quality on the Xoom is awesome, it streams and plays back at 1080p, I can't speak for the ipad though -

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I won an iPad. I am glad I did not pay for it

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah the video quality is awesome. I really like the screen on the xoom.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I pad doesn't have flash that's my main thing against getting one. I planned on converting movies I have on my computer and put them on my xoom so I can watch them anywhere I go. Thanks for you input guys.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
the screen on this thing is very nice. I personally think Sony Vaio's have one of the best screens on the market, and i do own an all-in-one as my main pc and the xoom is comparable to such quality.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I have the WiFi and couldn't have been happier. got hooked up to my D2G and love it. so easy to transfer files via bluetooth and battery life is awesome

Aloha from Hawaii...

Cornholieo

Reaction score
I have had the Xoom now for 4 days; Paid $600 with a 2 year plan with Verizon. This thing rocks! I have not been this happy with a device in a long time. For me personally there is no doubt that the Xoom serves my need better than the iPad 2 would. If your company uses Google apps like mine does than it is truly a no brainer.

Best thing to show an iPad owner: A video that someone loaded onto Facebook

Sent via the Xoom Browser :)

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I think I am gonna get the xoom. Thanks everyone for your input. Worst case I just return it or sell it.