Moto X 2017 Images and Specs Leaked!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of Motorola phones with the fingerprint reader on the front. Are there any Moto phones with it on the back utilizing the M logo dimple? I'm not saying that Motorola should only put the sensor on the back for all of their phones, but give buyers a choice, and make one of their phones, namely the Moto X, that originated the M logo dimple, to be utilized for something other than a place to put your finger to steady the device.

JDH

Reaction score
I got the "your order has shipped" yesterday for my wife's G5 plus. Looks like it's specs are equal to or greater than the ops leaked Moto x 2017.
My wife is not nor will ever be a power user, email phone calls and a bit of browsing. A great buy for the 32 gig at $239 with free shipping.
BTW, she is still using her Razer Max on KitKat. Battery still charging after over 4 years.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Obviously we all have our preferences about where the fingerprint scanner should be. Some like it on the front of the phone and others like it on the back of the phone. That's OK, there are nice phones on the market with the scanner in both locations, so consumers have good options. For me personally, I like the current Moto setup of fingerprint scanner on the front. Most of the time my phone is laying face up on a counter, desk, night stand, passenger seat of my Jeep, etc and I like the ability to touch my finger to the scanner with the phone laying "as-is" and open to the home screen. For me personally, I hope they keep it on the front of the phone.
I agree

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I got the "your order has shipped" yesterday for my wife's G5 plus. Looks like it's specs are equal to or greater than the ops leaked Moto x 2017.
My wife is not nor will ever be a power user, email phone calls and a bit of browsing. A great buy for the 32 gig at $239 with free shipping.
BTW, she is still using her Razer Max on KitKat. Battery still charging after over 4 years.
Congrats. I think she will love it. I bought my oldest daughter a Moto G4 Plus last year and it was the first Android phone that she liked enough to stop asking for an iPhone. The G4 + is an awesome phone for the money and I imagine the G5+ is even better.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There are plenty of Motorola phones with the fingerprint reader on the front. Are there any Moto phones with it on the back utilizing the M logo dimple? I'm not saying that Motorola should only put the sensor on the back for all of their phones, but give buyers a choice, and make one of their phones, namely the Moto X, that originated the M logo dimple, to be utilized for something other than a place to put your finger to steady the device.
I think the Moto M, only available in China (and a few other countries maybe) is the only Moto phone with the sensor on the back. The Moto Z, Moto G and Moto E all have it on the front.

I do miss the dimple that the Moto X introduced. It was a neat feature.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Another possible image of it. Looks a lot like the new Moto G5. Makes me wonder if this really is a new Moto X, or a G5 variant like a G5 Play?

8579a2e3fde183cc16f77e398afea971.jpg