Moto Z Style & Moto Z Play Could Feature Shatter-proof Display Like the Droid Turbo 2 [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-z-style-image-leak.jpg

It looks like the upcoming Moto Z devices from Motorola will include one of Motorola's best features: the shatterproof display found in the Droid Turbo 2. That's not all we learned from the latest reports. Supposedly the phone will come in two varieties, a Moto Z Style and a Moto Z Play.

Considering this is exactly what Motorola did with the Moto X, we are unsurprised by this moniker news. We even have some reportedly leaked specs for the devices. This includes a Snapdragon 820 with GPU Adreno 520 for the Moto Z Style and a Snapdragon 625 octa-core with Adreno 506 for the Moto Z Play. The two phones will supposedly also have RAM of 3/4GB and 2/3GB respectively (and depending on options choices).

We've also heard that the cameras in both devices will apparently be the same as that found on the Moto G4 Plus'. Specifically that would be the 16MP F/2.0 with an OmniVision sensor, 1.3μm pixels, phase-detection autofocus, and more. We will keep you apprised as more details arrive.

Here's our dedicated Moto Z section for further discussion: Moto Z

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Very cool! It only makes sense; I figured that some (or many) of the new 2016 models would start to incorporate shattershield technology.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
If my phone had one id probably skip a case all together. I use Otterbox Defenders on all of them.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I thought only the Z Force would be getting the shatter proof display and that the Z would have Gorilla Glass. Specs say Gorilla Glass4 for the Z. The shatterproof display of the Z Force is explained as at least partially the reason for the thicker profile.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I thought only the Z Force would be getting the shatter proof display and that the Z would have Gorilla Glass. Specs say Gorilla Glass4 for the Z. The shatterproof display of the Z Force is explained as at least partially the reason for the thicker profile.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

That's the way I understand it @FoxKat . The info in this thread may have been posted before the actual press conference when they announced that the Z Force would have shattershield.

I also read this morning that Moto announced that they are NOT discontinuing the Moto X line; it will continue and may have similar features to the new Moto Z line. If that does hold to be true, then that's good news for all of the Moto X Pure folks that like those unlocked, pure Android phones.

Last edited: