Moto Droid1 Mic Stopped Working After Replacing Digitizer

insertnewsn

Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently replaced a digitizer on my Motorola Droid 1 and ever since, the microphone does not pick up sound. I might be missing something, but it seems as though the microphone pcb connects by being flush against the speaker that sits on top of it.

I've taken it apart a few times since then and can't seem to find any reason why the mic would stop working after replacing the digitizer.

Does anyone have any ideas? Please see http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-droid-eris/116343-replaced-lcd-mic-vibrate-not-working-now.html for a similar issue (albeit on a droid eris).

mikeosoft

Reaction score
holy moley! dude i am in the same boat! please i've taken apart this phone 100 times, and found nothing wrong with it. I can use speakerphone mic just fine. Did you ever find a solution?

Please let me know

OP
I

insertnewsn

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am still in the same boat.. still rockin' the broken moto droid. I think the only fix is to upgrade to the Droid Bionic and forget you ever had this issue to begin with. sorry I coulnt be of more help

mikeosoft

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am still in the same boat.. still rockin' the broken moto droid. I think the only fix is to upgrade to the Droid Bionic and forget you ever had this issue to begin with. sorry I coulnt be of more help

Hey thanks for the response. In the time btwn, I called verizon support and explained i think my moto droid has a hardware malfunction or software glitch. I told them I love my old droid and I read on the interwebs how this is a known defect with some droid 1's. They put me on the line with a hadware tech, who tried to test me for user error, which I explained the microphone works in speakerphone mod, thus it can be a software defect just as well as his claim of a user hardware error. They sent me a replacement droid 1 2 day fedex free of charge.

I reflashed my droid back to stock, non-rooted for a few days before sending it back. I have my new droid 1 here stock from verizon and it's nice and functions fine.

Hope this helps, if you need more help just letme know. Verizon has room to budge, we just need to push a bit with our knowledge of the difference btwn software and hardware.