Moto Droid won't start after 2.2 update

iimagiicii

Reaction score
I was working on thursday night and got a notification to update my OS while on break so i clicked yes and let it do it's thing in my pocket while i worked. I get home and look at it to do some things and notice it is on the Moto logo white screen and was frozen the whole time after update restart. It died later and now won't charge or start and gets stuck at moto white screen everytime i plug it in. Please help, I've heard this is happening to some other people out there, what should I do? THANK.

Skipperjohn

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I was returning from vacation and when I turned on my phone to arrange for a pickup from the airport I got the update message. I said yes and 30 minutes later the phone was still rebooting (making getting a ride home pretty difficult). I've tried removing the battery many times, even for over 2 hours, I tried recharging it and leaving it alone, I even tried rebooting the phone while the SD card was removed. Nothing. At this point the phone is an expensive paperweight with a motorola logo on it.

juror2

Reaction score
Dead Phone

I'm having an identical problem. I plan on taking it back to Best buy on Monday to see if they'll replace it.

Skipperjohn

Reaction score
well, I just got back from Verizon... Their solution... replace the phone. Funny, they are treating this like a hardware issue. To make matters worse they no longer have any Mot A855 so they gave me the Droid 2 (whatever that number is) I dont like it as much. It feels cheaper in my hand. I asked if they'd allow me to upgrade to the Droid X, they said yeah, for $350. I guess you know my answer.

juror2

Reaction score
Motorola no help

I've been trying to get a Motorola rep to talk to me for the past 2 hours, but every 10 minutes it reroutes me back to the main menu and starts my wait over. I've tried on 3 different phones now so they must be jamming up like crazy with calls. I don't know if they're trying to help at all or they're just shafting Verizon to deal with it.

Droids

Reaction score
well, I just got back from Verizon... Their solution... replace the phone. Funny, they are treating this like a hardware issue. To make matters worse they no longer have any Mot A855 so they gave me the Droid 2 (whatever that number is) I dont like it as much. It feels cheaper in my hand. I asked if they'd allow me to upgrade to the Droid X, they said yeah, for $350. I guess you know my answer.
Not too sure I'd complain about a free upgrade to a Droid 2. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

There's been a few cases of the Droid 1 dying during the 2.2 update. Verizon has to replace the phone, unless they can tell it was rooted.

juror2

Reaction score
I went to verizon and they reset my phone and did a manual update to 2.2 right there in the store. It wiped all my info and apps, but it only took an hour and I didn't have to ship my phone away.